Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Very nice indeed!!

I guess as with most detail products there is quite an extensive line of Zaino items.

Which products did you use for those results?? Time to accomplish?

·
Banned
630 Posts
looks great...black is one color that shines very deep and wet when polished and waxed nice

but I have to tell you while Zainos is great stuff, its not semi-permanent..no wax is...they all have to be reapplied every 3-4 months to retain the protection and finish.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE (w9nwrwi @ May 20 2010, 11:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324633
Very nice indeed!!

I guess as with most detail products there is quite an extensive line of Zaino items.

Which products did you use for those results?? Time to accomplish?
I've been a Zaino user for years now and love the stuff. Their $85.00 dollar package is a good place to start http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mercha...Product_Count=0
I also purchased their Leather cleaner and conditioner and it works great and leaves a nice new leather smell.
Your question on time to accomplish if you follow the instructions sent with the kit could be 2-3 hours and depending on the humidity. Down here in Florida I had to wait almost an hour for the Zaino polish to dry before removing it because of the high humidity. But it's definitely worth it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've seen good results from Zaino.
I've been using Klasse for few years now. Once those bottles are done, i am going with the Z.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ May 20 2010, 11:09 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324639
looks great...black is one color that shines very deep and wet when polished and waxed nice

but I have to tell you while Zainos is great stuff, its not semi-permanent..no wax is...they all have to be reapplied every 3-4 months to retain the protection and finish.

:thumbsup:

I understand that no wax is semi-permanent, but this is not a wax. It does not run off in the rain, or get tacky in the high heat/sunlight. Zaino claims that it is semi-permanent. Not needing reapplied every 3-4 months. From what i gather, if you apply the minimum 3 coats, it will last 6+ months. But if you apply the recommended 6 coat method, it should last well over a year, needing only single coats yearly to keep up the shine an protection. I guess only time will tell, but that is what people who have been using the product for years tell me.

And yes, i bought the $85 kit also

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (tCizzler @ May 20 2010, 12:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324664
I understand that no wax is semi-permanent, but this is not a wax. It does not run off in the rain, or get tacky in the high heat/sunlight. Zaino claims that it is semi-permanent. Not needing reapplied every 3-4 months. From what i gather, if you apply the minimum 3 coats, it will last 6+ months. But if you apply the recommended 6 coat method, it should last well over a year, needing only single coats yearly to keep up the shine an protection. I guess only time will tell, but that is what people who have been using the product for years tell me.

And yes, i bought the $85 kit also
Klasse makes the same claims...it doesn't last though...this is all dependent upon weather conditions..if you live in an area with high rain, acid rain, snowbelt, etc these all take an impact on a paint's finish and protection.

I can tell you that there is NO wax, sealant, synthetic compound, etc out there that lasts 6months... PERIOD!

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ May 20 2010, 12:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324681
Klasse makes the same claims...it doesn't last though...this is all dependent upon weather conditions..if you live in an area with high rain, acid rain, snowbelt, etc these all take an impact on a paint's finish and protection.

I can tell you that there is NO wax, sealant, synthetic compound, etc out there that lasts 6months... PERIOD!
This is totally true. I've used Zaino before and for the price/durability, I will pick traditional waxes every time... which is why I use Meguiars NXT. It's a heck of a lot cheaper and I don't mind waxing my car every month and a half.

Oh, and next time I wax, I can show you some pictures and you'll notice that the shine/mirror effect/smoothness really isn't any better than a good NXT wax job. But then again, it's ultimately a personal preference.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ May 20 2010, 01:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324684
Oh, and next time I wax, I can show you some pictures and you'll notice that the shine/mirror effect/smoothness really isn't any better than a good NXT wax job. But then again, it's ultimately a personal preference.

I would be very impressed! Not saying you can't, but i have NEVER been able to get a shine even remotely as nice and shiney and long lasting as with this. And i've been using mother's and meguires for about 10 years now on previous cars. The pictures don't do it justice. I should take some pictures today and post them (again, probably won't do it justice) . It has been raining off and on for the last 3 days and i put about 100 miles on the car since i polished it a week ago, and it still looks like it just came out of the car wash. Doesn't even have water marks.

I'm not here to bash anyone's methods. If you like to wax your car, that's fine. I just wanted to show what mine looks like after Zaino. All i can say is that i will never wax my car again with regular cleaner/carnuba wax. I have never seen results even remotely like this with wax, just my opinion. And i've waxed a lot of cars. Even with the expense, it's worth it to me.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ May 20 2010, 01:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324684
Oh, and next time I wax, I can show you some pictures and you'll notice that the shine/mirror effect/smoothness really isn't any better than a good NXT wax job.

I would appreciate that honestly if you could post some pics, not as a challenge, but as a comparison.

·
Banned
630 Posts
the trick to the shine is all in the polish...if you have a PC random orbital, a mirror shine is easy to obtain..I've never used Zaino products but if they have a polish that can achieve buffer results by hand, sign me up!

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ May 20 2010, 01:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324699
the trick to the shine is all in the polish...if you have a PC random orbital, a mirror shine is easy to obtain..I've never used Zaino products but if they have a polish that can achieve buffer results by hand, sign me up!
One of these days I'll buy myself a nice orbital buffer...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts