Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I'm going to shy away from this one. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Maybe somebody else will give this a try. Who knows?

·
Banned
1,090 Posts
Chips are one of the longest running scams going. Most of the time, they are resistors that fool the computer into running different. In all, about $0.75 worth of parts and gives you no bang for that 3/4 buck. Being "chipped" isn't what it used to be.

·
Registered
65 Posts
In fact, I met the hyundai performance vendor at my dealer few days ago, they will be releasing a ECU reflesh for sonata soon.

·
Registered
65 Posts
QUOTE (jeeper31 @ Nov 27 2010, 05:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=375055
WhT will the feflash accomplish?
if I got the conversation we had correctly, it will reprogram the ECU (Engine Control Unit? lol) and make a boost (maybe a 10~15 horse power gain, etc.) to your car. They mentioned that this will be more obvious for the 2.0T.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I don't know about the Sonata, but I had a "Superchips" programmer for my Dodge Ram and a factory re-flashed ECM for my Dodge Dakota. Both added a few horses and firmed up the shifts. With the superchips, you could program shift points for both regular driving and at WOT (wide open throttle) as well as set tunes for 87, 89, and 93 octane gasoline.

But stay away from the ebay and Jet chips. They are no good. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts