Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
22 Tuscan SEL ;21 Sonata N Line
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Name of the game for me is more function rather than form. The basic stock ones seem to hardly do much.

Was wondering if anyone has tried any of these ? I just took a look under the fenders. It seems both the front and rear mudflaps are only held in place by 2 body clips each. I think any aftermarket flaps would require at least 3 locations for install. Meaning another hole needed further up on the fender liner.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson hybrid limited
188 Posts
Name of the game for me is mode function rather than form. The basic stock ones seem to hardly do much.

Was wondering if anyone has tried any of these ? I just took a look under the fenders. It seems both the front and rear mudflaps are only held in place by 2 body clips each. I think any aftermarket flaps would require at least 3 locations for install. Meaning another hole needed further up on the fender liner.

when you got your car it came with mud flaps? or did you pick them up from dealer? i ordered my car with winter package that gives you front and rear mud flaps plus front and rear floor liners. could you post a picture of your mud flaps? thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when you got your car it came with mud flaps? or did you pick them up from dealer? i ordered my car with winter package that gives you front and rear mud flaps plus front and rear floor liners. could you post a picture of your mud flaps? thanks
They were pre installed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I purchased the mud flaps at the link below from Amazon and they look great. I think they are the same as the CDEFG mud flaps without the screws and other bits. Read my Amazon review for details (its the only review so far).

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I purchased the mud flaps at the link below from Amazon and they look great. I think they are the same as the CDEFG mud flaps without the screws and other bits. Read my Amazon review for details (its the only review so far).

Wow, I read that two days ago on Amazon. Thanks.

Any pics of the said mudflaps on your vehicle ? Cheers.

I think there is strong possiblity that the larger stock 19" wheels might kick up dirt and rocks to the edge of the lower back doors. I believe a slightly wider footprint of a mudflap than the stock Hyundai ones should help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow, I read that two days ago on Amazon. Thanks.

Any pics of the said mudflaps on your vehicle ? Cheers.

I think there is strong possiblity that the larger stock 19" wheels might kick up dirt and rocks to the edge of the lower back doors. I believe a slightly wider footprint of a mudflap than the stock Hyundai ones should help.
See attached pics of mud flaps. A couple of things that I really liked about these mud flaps are:
  • outside edge of 19" tires align nicely with outside edge of both front and back mud flaps
  • Not overly large or small - just the right size IMHO
  • came with a VERY small phillips head screw driver otherwise I would have had to remove the rear tires to install (the CDEFG mud flaps do NOT include it)
  • very durable material
  • looks like they were made for the car

·
Registered
188 Posts
See attached pics of mud flaps. A couple of things that I really liked about these mud flaps are:
  • outside edge of 19" tires align nicely with outside edge of both front and back mud flaps
  • came with a VERY small phillips head screw driver otherwise I would have had to remove the rear tires to install (the CDEFG mud flaps do NOT include it)
  • very durable material
View attachment 459748

View attachment 459749
View attachment 459750 View attachment 459751 View attachment 459752
i have a question for you. these you put on your car are the same size as the factory ones or are bigger then factory ones? the reason why i ask this is i ordered my car with the winter package. it comes with mud flaps front and rear. thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
  • very durable material
View attachment 459748

View attachment 459749
View attachment 459750 View attachment 459751 View attachment 459752
They definitely look more substantial than the stock oem ones I have.

The stock OEM guards use only two plastic expanding rivets , I’m assuming these require an additional hole to be opened up on the wheel well liner. ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
For the mud flaps I purchased from Amazon, each one has three holes that align with the holes already in the wheel well and are firmly secured. The third hole is on the bottom of the wheel well - the mud flap pics on the Amazon web site do not show the third hole.

·
Registered
188 Posts
They definitely look more substantial than the stock oem ones I have.

The stock OEM guards use only two plastic expanding rivets , I’m assuming these require an additional hole to be opened up on the wheel well liner. ?
so can you tell me since you say you have the stock ones do you think they are the same size? if you wouldn't mind posting pictures of the stock ones on your car. thanks.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so can you tell me since you say you have the stock ones do you think they are the same size? if you wouldn't mind posting pictures of the stock ones on your car. thanks.
No the
Stock ones are smaller.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the information. this is going to be my first new car in forty years just want to protect it as much as i can. thanks again.
Good idea with the aftermarket larger mud flaps. Me personally I like the ones posted but id like to go also slightly bigger height wise if possible. maybe an extra inch. Oooh errr.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks. if you find the the ones you like if you would please give a link. thanks
I did post a link with a variety of universal type mudflaps, it was linked on my first post to this thread.

One thing to bear in mind, the ones @FoundaHyundai! posted are form fitting , meaning if you look closer at his or her pics , you'll see the plastic is shaped around the body work of the Tucsan. That's a nice touch, but like I mentioned function is more important to form for me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I did post a link with a variety of universal type mudflaps, it was linked on my first post to this thread.

One thing to bear in mind, the ones @FoundaHyundai! posted are form fitting , meaning if you look closer at his or her pics , you'll see the plastic is shaped around the body work of the Tucsan. That's a nice touch, but like I mentioned function is more important to form for me.
thanks. i forgot that you posted a link in the first post when i clicked on it i put the year and brand and model and it says
Please Note:
There are no vehicle specific mud flaps available for your 2022 Hyundai Tucson. Please view our selection of universal fit products below. so i figured there was none. out of the ones they do show what one was you looking at? thanks again

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks. i forgot that you posted a link in the first post when i clicked on it i put the year and brand and model and it says
Please Note:
There are no vehicle specific mud flaps available for your 2022 Hyundai Tucson. Please view our selection of universal fit products below. so i figured there was none. out of the ones they do show what one was you looking at? thanks again
Huskey or Rally Armor type in black.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it looks like RallyArmor is indeed selling their custom fit Hyundai Tucson mudflaps exclusively via Hyundai dealerships channels only in Canada.
Let me know how I can order a set. Linked is part number and pics I thought I'd share.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts