Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first look at a new 2014 Sonata today & love the headlights! Wondering if they would be fully functional on my 2011 sonata 2.0T? Would love to find me a set and use them instead of the stock ones from 2011.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I saw a few 14s at the dealer a couple months ago. The headlights looked identical to the 11, 12, 13s. The only difference I noticed was a slightly different shaped rear bumper and different wheel styles.:confused:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Slight refresh to ensure sales I would guess. I like the tails and head lights. And am wondering also if they will be an exact fit. Dealer I spoke to said it should but they weren't sure as no one ever asked them a question like it before.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I didn't notice that they were different.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I stand corrected. The headlights are the same. They only have hid on them now compared to the standard from years past. Nothing a simple add on can't fix. However we all know the wheels are different.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I stand corrected. The headlights are the same. They only have hid on them now compared to the standard from years past. Nothing a simple add on can't fix. However we all know the wheels are different.
Sorry but an aftermarket HID kit is far from the equivalent of OEM HID lights.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Sorry but an aftermarket HID kit is far from the equivalent of OEM HID lights.
I know that. But for those that want it with out having to buy a new car a simple aftermarket will do. Of course its not the same. Nothing from OEM is the same in comparison to aftermarket.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guess I should have taken a picture when I saw it. They looked like they had a different DRL feature, it looked very sharp! Somewhat resembled what the Chrysler 200 lights look like, in a way. I will try to get a picture and post it up!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Guess I should have taken a picture when I saw it. They looked like they had a different DRL feature, it looked very sharp! Somewhat resembled what the Chrysler 200 lights look like, in a way. I will try to get a picture and post it up!
I think the LED strip lights around the headlights are getting SO overdone lately. I guess we can thank Audi for starting this trend.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
You must have saw a hybrid, they have the DRL strip in them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This isn't a Sonata, but this is the closest I could find as to what the lights I saw looked like:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Bdub_02, you sure it was a sonata? Maybe its was an azera you saw with those headlights that have LEDs or even a kia optima. Only ones on Hyundai with LEDs headlights are the santa fe, santa fe sport, Hyundai azera, genesis.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Turbo2.0, you are correct. After googling the Azera headlights, that is exactly what I saw! I thought those looked sweet! Also now I feel like a moron, lol.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
No need to. All of the makers are going to these style headlights.

The Azera is pure sedan sexy goodness! I saw one (in Venetian Red, ironically) at my dealership and I was in love. But I'm greedy because I want both and can only afford one :( A Red Sled and a Red Swank---a guy can only dream right?

I wish the Hybrid headlights fit on the regular Sonata w/o having to swap bumpers and grilles.

And I know that they have those modded ones on eBay but I really don't trust them to fit right or work past the initial install.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I too wish the hybrid lights were a perfect fit. I am in the same boat as you adogg. I like the aftermarket ones just not enough to bite the bullet on them at least not yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts