Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A dealer near me has a Limited that I am interested in that is currently being driven by a dealer. It has a little over $1,000 miles on it. In negotiating... how much should I try to get knocked off because of this?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well since its technically still "new" being as its hasn't been titled they could still want a decent amount. I really don't know what limited's are going for but do what I do and present them with this line: give me your absolute best price that you will sell this car for and I will sign the papers today what that tells them is your serious about buying a car and be you don't wanna haggle to much. If they are a good dealer then they will realize that they have an open opertunity to earn your buisness and they should do give you a wow price to do so.

If it were me (which it would be because I wouldn't buy a "new" car with over 1000 miles on) I would request a few hundred over net cost. The way I look at it is they put miles on it and enjoyed the car and they should eat some of the value loss. I paid $100 above dealer net cost for my SE and the dealer went above and beyond to earn my buisness. Instead of sitting there trying to haggle tell them to give you a wow price, ask to see the invoice (varify that its the same car by checking the vin) and see what they are willing to do. Its not the last one out there so if they don't seem willing to give you a deal then walk away. The worst thing you can do is let your emotions be shown because then they know the ball is in their court...

Good luck and I hope you can join the family!

·
Registered
277 Posts
This may just be a dealer demo..... a car they use to let people go for test drives.
You probably know how people treat a car on a test drive.
I would shy away unless I got an unbelievable deal.

·
Registered
330 Posts
did anybody else laugh at "$1000 miles"? no? just me? ok =(

in any case, i agree with mr. wonderful. dealers dont give a crap about their tester cars and chances are its been driven hard for the first 1000 miles, the manual says to "break in the engine" by keeping the revs between 2-5k but we all know when we test drive a vehicle we want to see how fast it accelerates. My guess is that its gone over 6k more than a couple of times. A discount might be appealing at first, but you may have reliability issues in the long run....

your choice, really. If you plan on keeping this car for a while id stay away

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (kton @ Nov 8 2010, 02:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369946
did anybody else laugh at "$1000 miles"? no? just me? ok =(

in any case, i agree with mr. wonderful. dealers dont give a crap about their tester cars and chances are its been driven hard for the first 1000 miles, the manual says to "break in the engine" by keeping the revs between 2-5k but we all know when we test drive a vehicle we want to see how fast it accelerates. My guess is that its gone over 6k more than a couple of times. A discount might be appealing at first, but you may have reliability issues in the long run....

your choice, really. If you plan on keeping this car for a while id stay away
haha....oops about the $1,000 miles! I've been thinking numbers too much today. :) You all make good points though, I think I will steer clear of this car and be sure to get one that is truly new. Thanks for your help.

·
1,914 Posts
I second what everyone else is saying, steer clear. More than likely you can just as good a deal on a new one.

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
I bought a dealer car with 1000 miles on it because it was exactly what I wanted. I didn't get that much off because I got other things I needed (like financing) and it's running good. Not saying that problems won't happen, but do you think the dealer wants to see the car back for more problems by running it hard? How hard do you really think a 40-something dealer manager is running a car? My guess is he's probably not doing power-slides and burnouts at every light and red lining it running from the cops. But to each his own!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts