Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on this forum taken off the front emblem? I wanted to Plasti dip it but then when I brought the car home after buying it noticed it was behind plastic.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Stormy Sea)
164 Posts
The emblem is where you adaptive cruise control radar is. I don't think plastidip would do it any favors when bugs and snow can cause it to malfunction.
Maybe tinting would work? User koolkris has blacked theirs out but I don't know if they removed it, tinted it, or covered it up?

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
141 Posts
Isn't the radar in the windshield by the mirror? The only thing by the emblem is a camera. View attachment 448470
That's the point. The emblem is designed to hide the rader. It also works in conjunction with the windshield camera for emergency collison detention on top of the adaptive cruise control.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I remember the emblem radar handles the Forward Collision Avoidance assist. Makes sense it also does Adaptive Cruise Control.

The camera should be for the Birds Eye View 360.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (Stormy Sea)
164 Posts
The camera should be for the Birds Eye View 360.
I think the camera in the grille handles the front view and birds eye view. The camera in the windshield probably works in tandem with the radar to identify cars, pedestrians, and signage.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
417 Posts
I think the camera in the grille handles the front view and birds eye view. The camera in the windshield probably works in tandem with the radar to identify cars, pedestrians, and signage.
That is correct, with the exception that the car doesn't recognize signage. That's not a feature it has. It does also identify cyclists and of course, lane markings.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
141 Posts
Does it get speed limit info from the Nav?
I believe it uses the NAV data because it's often displaying incorrect information for me. School zones that don't exist, incorrect speed limits, etc. So it's either trying to read signs I'm driving past and failing miserably (which I wouldn't put past it) or it's using NAV information that's out of date or incorrect.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
417 Posts
Does it get speed limit info from the Nav?
I believe it uses the NAV data because it's often displaying incorrect information for me. School zones that don't exist, incorrect speed limits, etc. So it's either trying to read signs I'm driving past and failing miserably (which I wouldn't put past it) or it's using NAV information that's out of date or incorrect.
It's getting the data from the nav. It doesn't read signs.

That's why HDA (Highway Drive Assist, which unlocks extra self-driving features beyond what the standard LKA, LFA and SCC systems offer) is only on roads for which Hyundai feels comfortable they have enough data, as well as accurate data, in the nav databse. HDA-capable roads are only divided highways. Only nav updates can make HDA available on more roads (which I've seen happen on my 2020 Palisade).

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
the incorrect info is because of the data. i had a pioneer nav system in the elantra that was traded in, and the exact same mistakes were there. the pioneer used some system called HERE, based i think out of hungary. they seem to favor europe over the us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts