Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got a 2015 Subaru Forester Touring. Had it for 5+ years now. I like everything about it, except the ride quality on local roads < 40mph is bumpier than I'd prefer. I've tried tire pressures, and 3 different tires. But, still not happy with feeling every bump, and miss my old Accord's soft ride. I see that the Sante Fe / Sorento is a bit bigger, especially in the longer wheelbase. Looking to see if anyone can comment on how the two compare, or if you can recommend another SUV with a ride that soaks up road imperfections. Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there, this is a very subjective topic, but I know how you - I hate the banging and spine jarring of overly "sporty" firm suspension. I did drive about a 2015-6 Forester and always liked the vehicle, but the firmly tuned suspension was something I remember clearly not liking. Size and wheelbase will make a difference and the Santa Fe Sport (I have a 2018 Sport 2.0t) is a bit larger and more stable feeling in my opinion. But there are times when I feel like my Santa Fe suspension is a bit on the firm side still. So I think my Santa would be an improvement over your Subie, I'm just not sure if it would be a significant enough improvement for your liking. Now the Santa Fe XL rides a bit diferent still. My father in law has a 2018 and he loves it, but those are known for weak rear end suspension mostly when you've got the rear seats loaded up with extra people or cargo. But overall the XL does ride quite nicely and soaks up the bumps better than your Forester in my opinion. Again, is it worth the upgrade? You might be better looking at something larger like a Honda Pilot, but bottom line you'll have to take some extended test drives to make sure you'll be happy. And, I have not driven the redesigned current Santa Fe model to comment on its ride quality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts