Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've inherited my wife's 2010 Santa Fe V6 AWD (bought her a 2011 Kia Sorento EX V6). Has anyone made a skid plate for their Santa Fe? I take the SF down some old logging roads and I am looking for a little more protection for the oil pan and underside.

I made a custom one for my 2001 Subaru Forester so I'm looking for examples and pics.

Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've inherited my wife's 2010 Santa Fe V6 AWD (bought her a 2011 Kia Sorento EX V6). Has anyone made a skid plate for their Santa Fe? I take the SF down some old logging roads and I am looking for a little more protection for the oil pan and underside.

I made a custom one for my 2001 Subaru Forester so I'm looking for examples and pics.

Thanks.

Found a couple pics after I googled.....

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
The mount points for the one we were working with were for 2007~2009, and based upon some changes that I believe were made in the interim, will be somewhat different on the 2010.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would be interested in one if someone had something that would work with 2009 Santa Fe. I know that some people on my subaru forum made custom ones and then shipped to memebers on the forum, not sure if we have someone that does that.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
There was never anything close to enough demand to actually 'produce' them. I doubt that your requirement would even bring us up to a half dozen here that have expressed a genuine interest in an 07~09 version.

A couple of folks did one-offs for their own use, and in that mode, it wasn't a cheap thing. In terms of cost of materials and production, a thicker diamond-plate aluminum plate seemed to a better choice for some than a thinner steel equivalent, too. Something to consider.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ya, thought about that. I think I will have too. The only thing I am using it for is when we get that icy freezing stuff and to keep the snow off the under carriage.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
I'll trade you ... Here, I wanted one to deal with the basketball sized rocks that pass for pavement up in parts of the Rockies just west of me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts