Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting this on my '21 Cali when I open or close the driver's door, along with a new double-chime I suspect is trying to tell me something. The light (which is red in real life, though appearing orange-y in the pic) seems to be indicating a passenger side rear door issue, but that door is shut and locked, window is up, everything appears in good working order. Pano roof is closed. Can't make heads or tails of this.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Limited Hampton gray black interior
35 Posts
To me it looks like it's saying rear passenger window is down. When I leave my moon roof open it looks just like that but over the top of car. Just double check window is really up all the way. If not then sensor must be going bad.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
1,186 Posts
I'm getting this on my '21 Cali when I open or close the driver's door, along with a new double-chime I suspect is trying to tell me something. The light (which is red in real life, though appearing orange-y in the pic) seems to be indicating a passenger side rear door issue, but that door is shut and locked, window is up, everything appears in good working order. Pano roof is closed. Can't make heads or tails of this.

Thoughts?

View attachment 460386
I think it means your shields are compromised on the right rear side of the car.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tnx. Problem solved. I ran Bluelink diagnostics from my phone and it said the rear passenger window was open. I went out and inspected it, and indeed it was open, about 1/8 of an inch. Almost too little to visually confirm, but when I raised the window it did move slightly and now everything's sealed up and the warning light is off.

Gotta say, the BlueLink diagnostic tool on my phone impressed me on this one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This means that no one will drive around in your car. If you get in the car and see your turn lock light is on, there may be someone

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5T
409 Posts
I wonder if the people who were annoyed by the rear occupancy sensor ignored this indicator? Or if the notification was added because of the occupancy sensor? Either way it’s nice to know the car can detect when a window is down, even if it’s just 1/8 of an inch, and alert you.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wonder if the people who were annoyed by the rear occupancy sensor ignored this indicator? Or if the notification was added because of the occupancy sensor? Either way it’s nice to know the car can detect when a window is down, even if it’s just 1/8 of an inch, and alert you.
Oh definitely. I love the sensors and the ability to diagnose from phone. I especially love the moonroof sensor and only wish it were louder and more obnoxious so that you can't possibly leave the moonroof ajar and not realize it. Already done that a bunch of times and one time almost neglected it before that storm of the century thing a month ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts