Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,095 Posts
Specification for J1& GD Engines attached.
Specs for a J1 & GD??

I can't imagine why someone with a GD Elantra would want engine specs for an old J1 from the early 90's. Especially when it never had a 1.6 Turbo engine...AFAIK.

I think the OP is probably asking about the 1.6 T-GDI Gamma engine that is fitted to the new Elantra (and the Veloster).

I don't have any specs specifically for the turbo version of the Gamma engine but I'd guess the bore x stroke for the Turbo version will be the same as the non turbo version fitted to the Hyundai Accent.....76.5 mm × 87 mm

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Specs for a J1 & GD??

I can't imagine why someone with a GD Elantra would want engine specs for an old J1 from the early 90's. Especially when it never had a 1.6 Turbo engine...AFAIK.

I think the OP is probably asking about the 1.6 T-GDI Gamma engine that is fitted to the new Elantra (and the Veloster).

I don't have any specs specifically for the turbo version of the Gamma engine but I'd guess the bore x stroke for the Turbo version will be the same as the non turbo version fitted to the Hyundai Accent.....76.5 mm × 87 mm
2013 G 1.6T-GDI Specifications.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
2013 G 1.6T-GDI Specifications.

Thanks guys for updating it for me.

The reason I need this info is my car had the tick of death and hyundai put a new motor in at 14,000 miles and I have 18,500 on it now. The car is pathetically slow. It feels like a slow 1.6 liter or really even a 1.4 liter with no torque. I have not brought it in yet because I already know what they are going to say "new tight motor." I know I need to get some miles on before they will not default to "it's a new tight motor"

I want to measure the stroke to see if I even have a 1.8 liter. Like I said in previous posts, I use to have a hobby Audi repair shop years ago and use to also build motors for my street and race cars. The original motor had a power band that would come on strong for a 1.8 liter that is naturally aspirated. It would pull hard, even when it was new it had power. This motor is SO anemic, it is hard to drive on the highway, or even side streets. If you want to pass nothing happens and it has to downshift 2 full gears to even get out of it's own way. It is like I am missing 20 hp a 30 ft lb torque. I don't even enjoy driving it it is so slow.

And no there are no brake calipers hanging or parking brakes hanging. My original motor you could push it to the floor (ATF pumper) and you could feel the tires losing traction in first gear and 2nd gear would pull very hard for a 1.8, new motor "pathetically anemic" is an understatement.

Where did you find those documents? I should also check out model years 2013 to 2017 Accent 1.6 liters specs too. Can you point me there or post the link. (thanks)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts