Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish Hyundai can offer wireless apple carplay for the larger screens as well, anyone heard any news of software/firmware upgrade to enable that?

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Luxury
77 Posts
Not that I heard of but that would be more of the manufacturer's initiative, if anything. That being said, I have the 8 inch and just last week I decided to try the wired way, and to be honest, connecting was a lot easier.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The general consensus is that the hardware of the larger screen doesn't support wireless CarPlay. That doesn't mean Hyundai couldn't start shipping Tucsons with an updated version of the hardware that would support it, however.

After reading about the wireless CarPlay problems a lot of people have, plus liking to charge my phone when I'm using CarPlay anyway (since I'm typically running a battery draining app or two while using it), I don't know how often I would use wireless CarPlay even if it was an available feature.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you really want wireless, you can buy a dongle and put it in the USB port.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
The general consensus is that the hardware of the larger screen doesn't support wireless CarPlay. That doesn't mean Hyundai couldn't start shipping Tucsons with an updated version of the hardware that would support it, however.

After reading about the wireless CarPlay problems a lot of people have, plus liking to charge my phone when I'm using CarPlay anyway (since I'm typically running a battery draining app or two while using it), I don't know how often I would use wireless CarPlay even if it was an available feature.
Plus Bluetooth works. Of course not as good as using CarPlay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unless the head unit has a disabled Wi-Fi access point, it ain't gonna happen. Bluetooth doesn't have enough bandwidth. There are several aftermarket solutions coming out of the Kickstarter space. This is the one I have on order for January delivery. (To go with the Limited Plug-in that I also have on order. Wonder which one will arrive first.) This is for Android Auto, but there is probably something similar for CarPlay. I'm planning on using a 6" USB cord and Velcro to stick the unit up and out of view.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts