Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought a 2017 i40 which I'm absolutely over the moon with (did someone say "heated steering wheel"??).....

Anyway, the gear stick has a strange "condensation" effect behind the plastic top on it. I would like to get it off and clean it but didn't want to just try and lever it off in case I broke it?

This is probably an unusual request, but I wondered if anyone knew how to remove it?

You can see what I'm talking about with this photo....
Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design Steering wheel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's brilliant. Thanks for that. It looks a lot like condensation trapped under the plastic but not sure what's caused it.

Will have a look for a replacement though.

Many thanks for all your help :)

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Price of new could be scary, plenty used but you'll be lucky to find one with no wear on the leather. Plenty on ebay with clear tops, nothing grabbed my attention as "Mint" Because it's a manual and i40 I did not find any cheap options either new. Often I'd suggest direct from Korea but that model never sold there so no joy. maybe if you can getth ecap off and swap from another but if you just drive it you'll stop bothering about. I can be the same and fuss over these little things too. I love my tourer too ( 2011 Auto Premium)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts