Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has experience installing a vacuum gauge on one of our cars? Might be something cool to add, but I'm sure there is a reason why I haven't seen anything about it. I have read that it is supposed to tell you about your fuel economy and have heard it called a "fuel saver" gauge.

I've had a hard time identifying any vacuum hoses. I was thinking maybe the one that goes to the brake booster.

Just throwing an idea out there so if I'm way off even suggesting this, please don't get on me too much

By the way this is an example of what I am referring to. Many that I have looked at couple boost/vacuum in one gauge, but I would just be utilizing the readings on half of the gauge or getting a vacuum only one:
2" LED Lit Boost/Vacuum Gauge

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has experience installing a vacuum gauge on one of our cars? Might be something cool to add, but I'm sure there is a reason why I haven't seen anything about it. I have read that it is supposed to tell you about your fuel economy and have heard it called a "fuel saver" gauge.

I've had a hard time identifying any vacuum hoses. I was thinking maybe the one that goes to the brake booster.

Just throwing an idea out there so if I'm way off even suggesting this, please don't get on me too much

By the way this is an example of what I am referring to. Many that I have looked at couple boost/vacuum in one gauge, but I would just be utilizing the readings on half of the gauge or getting a vacuum only one:
2" LED Lit Boost/Vacuum Gauge
yeah. ppl hook it up to break booster. i wouldn't buy it from harbor freight.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah. ppl hook it up to break booster. i wouldn't buy it from harbor freight.
Thanks. The booster hose is easily accessible so thats a good thing. HF seems to be hit or miss. The few reviews that are on the product say it works well and its like half the price of some of the others. Still shopping around and seeing if irs something worthwile or not.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Let me know how this works out, I was also idly thinking of installing a Vacumn, Oil pressure and oil temp gauges, but have no idea on what accessories will be needed and where they would go. Meaning, because of our slim cartridge oil filter, would a oil filter adapter plate for the senders be feasilble.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Id install an AFR before boost, as it gives u an idea when ur car is dumping extra fuel.
An AFR gauge would be a little pricey and more of a job than I want to do. A shortband AFR wouldn't be too difficult, but they are pretty junky. A wideband is just too expensive and you have to add an O2 sensor.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone knew what size the brake booster vacuum hose was it would help me a bunch. I measured the circumference and calculated that the outside diamter was about 3/4 in. But I was hoping to find out the inside diameter so I can buy the right size hose connector ahead of time.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I installed a cheap gauge I got from HF. I can post some pics later on. It gives really weird readings (like it doesnt start at 0 and is in the boost zone) but I can still read it as to how my accelerating is affecting my gas consumption.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was looking at the Prosport gauges, the vacuum gauge is not expensive...or even the Glowshift ones. I am giving up on the Oil temp/ Oil pressure gauges, might just go with vacuum, water temp and maybe the afr or voltage.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
iv been using the torque app with a bluetooth obd dongle and i can read a bunch of parameters including boost and AFR

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I heard the torque app was pretty good.
The vacuum gauge is very easy to install if youre gonna do it. The brake booster vacuum line is 3/8" and I suggest air tight NPT fittings to tap into it, unless something similar is provided with the gauge you buy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts