Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at one of the grilles from Shark Racing to go on my Black Limited. Has anyone put one on yet? Putting it on shouldn't be an issue for me but I'm wondering the quality of the piece, how well does it look like it will hold up? Also, it describes it as replacing the stock grille but then says it uses 3M adhesive to install. I just don't want a grille that glues over the top of the old one.

I'm new here and I ***** love my Sonata, wait till you see the tasteful mods :whistling:

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops, I guess it doesnt say that. Must have been another item somewhere else. Still interested if anyone has installed one

·
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (legacy @ May 6 2010, 03:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320296
Are you also going to paint the chrome piece that's actually part of the hood also? Looks weird with it not painted the same color as the grille IMO.
Nah probably not, that piece will bring a bit of chrome to the front of the car still as there are bits and pieces of chrome on the rest of the body. We'll see how it looks though

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
QUOTE (Iceberg802 @ May 6 2010, 06:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320346
Oops, I guess it doesnt say that. Must have been another item somewhere else. Still interested if anyone has installed one
haha I am almost positive it used to say that it installs with 3M tape. I'm guessing they removed that part though. I thought the same thing (as to why it would install with 3M tape)

·
Registered
238 Posts
QUOTE (stunt101 @ May 6 2010, 07:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320386
tCizzler did. Looks pretty good. you can see pics from the link to the topic below:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?s=...st&p=313286
Thanks, and sorry i'm late responding, but yes it does seem very high quality. I believe it's actually a Hyundai part in Korea. It came in a Hyundai box with a part number. It does attach slightly differently, Not a big issue, and it does NOT have the chrome lip that the stock ones have. Look closely, it isn't chrome it's hyper metallic in my pics

·
Registered
35 Posts
QUOTE (tCizzler @ May 7 2010, 10:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320557
Thanks, and sorry i'm late responding, but yes it does seem very high quality. I believe it's actually a Hyundai part in Korea. It came in a Hyundai box with a part number. It does attach slightly differently, Not a big issue, and it does NOT have the chrome lip that the stock ones have. Look closely, it isn't chrome it's hyper metallic in my pics
What color is hyper metallic?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts