Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had 5 people already including myself hit their head while getting into the car. The seats are not set up high, and i'm only 5'11". I want to see if I'm not the only one experiencing this? I think because it's an SUV/Crossover people have the perception that it has a high roof. I'm used to it now, but I think i'm going to start warning people to duck their hands if it's their first time getting in.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I got rid of my Elantra and bought a Honda CRV.
The compact SUV ...
Yes, I do hit my head sometimes getting in.
Now a days, I slow down and carefully get in.
Head is still pounding.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I had 5 people already including myself hit their head while getting into the car. The seats are not set up high, and i'm only 5'11". I want to see if I'm not the only one experiencing this? I think because it's an SUV/Crossover people have the perception that it has a high roof. I'm used to it now, but I think i'm going to start warning people to duck their hands if it's their first time getting in.
No. Maybe it’s just a fluke?

·
Registered
217 Posts
After 11 mons of ownership I have NEVER hit my head on my 2019 Limited w/panaroof door or ceiling. I am 6 ft 4 in tall. & tend to keep the rear of my seat low and the front up for leg support. It's the roomiest vehicle I've owned in 20 years since our 94 Caravan; both 01 and esp 07 (w/sunroof) Jeep Grand Cherokees had poor headroom but we liked other stuff they had. My 6 ft 2 in 250 lb son really enjoys the back seat room too.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm 6' 1" and have never hit my head getting into either my 2019 Santa Fe or 2017 Santa Fe Sport. No passenger has either, at least that I am aware of.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Yes, the Santa Fe certainly is a roomy vehicle overall! The memory driver’s seat sure moves back a country mile (even too much) when exiting, even on the closest of the two settings.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts