Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hyundai says although the older Genesis had warranty repair up to 100K miles my Equus does not- I looked it up its the same motor assembly as far as I can tell. here are some pictures and no real solution in sight- wiper blades should never fail like this - its a dangerous issue and should be covered under 100K miles dont you think? BS Hyundai! BS!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I have my doubts that JB weld will hold it. If it does I'll be very impressed.
Thats a real cheap and nasty way of making it. I haven't pulled one out for a long time but they have all had a tapered spline with a retaining nut. Modern manufacturing processes.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,892 Posts
wiper blades should never fail like this - its a dangerous
Well yeah, if it's pissin' with rain and YOU choose to drive with failed wipers then that is dangerous.

JohnMFromNYEquus said:
here are some pictures and no real solution in sight
It's broken so the solution is simple...buy a new wiper motor. Or just glue it back together and risk another "dangerous" failure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The 100,000 mile warranty is drive train only, and only for original owners, unless you bought a certified pre-owned vehicle from a Hyundai dealer. The wiper assembly would be covered under the original 5-year, 60,000 mile warranty. You are probably out of that.

This is a rare repair, I have not seen other complaints. How would this happen, that so much stress is put upon the spindle to strip the splines? I would guess ice or snow up there in New York, someone trying to turn on iced-locked
blades?

Down south we don't run into that so much.

wiper.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no not any stress on wipers i garage the car and it has been very mild winter- I have no idea if even buying new motor will work since the aluminum arm it connects to is part of the entire assembly- I think I may have to drill into motor shaft and make a bolt end so it doesn't come out. the motor works just fine, its just a connection to grab the end to hold it in place which is problem.

·
Registered
15,892 Posts
I have no idea if even buying new motor will work since the aluminum arm it connects to is part of the entire assembly
I'm pretty sure a new motor will come with the crank arm attached. I'd be very, very surprised if it didn't given the way the two parts are assembled.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No one can answer for sure if that aluminum piece and the black iron motor shaft connect with a pin or lock washer? It only fits together through pressure between the cog like configuration- seems like I need to contact Hyundai for some answers

·
Registered
15,892 Posts
It's OK John. You just sit back there and chill buddy and I'll go and Google the part for you :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts