Hyundai Forums banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I had to replace both rear brake calipers this year (bugger of a job) because they were about frozen in place.
Same here! About $225 a pop each...mechanic friend did it. (bitch, I would have a blue fog in the garage) This guy has a frame lift!

·
Registered
860 Posts
2012 2.0T - 157K miles bought it as a CPO with 17,500 miles October 12, 2015
I've only replaced the EWGA, Inhibitor Switch, Battery so far. Still original motor and transmission.
Tuned since 45K. The car now has full bolt ons with Lap 3 stage 2 tune. Car made 300whp on a dyno recently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Sonata Limited 2.4 purchased new. 140K. About 600 miles a week driving to work. Tires (original Hankook H431> Altimax RT43 > current Pirelli P7+), brakes (front 2x rear 1x), battery (1). Oil changes every 5K using 5W30 Dino. Oil level down 1/8 to 1/4 from dipstick full line at 5K. Coolant change as required. Plugs replaced at 100K. One transmission drain and fill with valvoline maxlife 773775 at 100K. All recalls done including campaign 953.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Still a little bit away from 100K (I'm at 72K), but so far my 2011 GLS has run like a champ. I have a few squeaks that seem to come from the passenger side from time-to-time and a little post-brake-change squeak coming from one of my left-side wheels but the car is still running strong.

I will change out the spark plugs when I get closer to 100K and I'll more than likely get the timing checked in the next few months as I get close to the 75K mark. The only thing I've really replaced are the air and cabin air filters, the original battery, and the horrible, horrible OEM tires. Easily as dependable as my '97 Camry (took that ride to almost 180K miles).
I'm at 12x,xxx and she sleeping on the Drive way for a month.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you're stretching that kind of mileage out of regular oil, you're asking for problems. Read the blown engine threads. There's a very active one currently.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I own a 2013 limited, purchased new in Aug. 2012. I am a bit over 130,000 miles now. I have had few issues with this car. I experienced the steering coupler knock at 110,000 miles. I ordered the $5.00 rubber gear coupler, replaced it myself, a 2 hour adventure. I have had most recalls taken care of, except the seat belt warning sticker, and the reprogramming of the timing due to valve wear. I do not agree with that solution. I had the BG engine treatment performed early on, around 20k miles. I use a heavier weight oil now for high mileage. It uses oil; about a qt a week now. It does not smoke or leak. Just did a brake , caliper, and rotor job for about 200.00 US at 115,000. Calipers were frozen on the front. I used to live where a lot of salt was used in winter. Now I'm in California, where snow is no longer an issue. I must be one of the few who have not experienced the horror stories of engine failures, etc. I had it checked at 90k, when that recall was issued. It did not have the metal filings in the motor. Perhaps, when I did the engine flush and treatment, any that might have been there, we're flushed out. Overall, it's in good shape. I do, however; think it's time for shocks and struts. It did 6 harsh years of daily commutes along the I-95 corridor from Maryland to Delaware, Philadelphia, and, New Jersey, a salty winter wonderland. Now it enjoys the really terrible roads here in Northern California. I will drive this car until it can't anymore. I have done that with all my vehicles. 890,000 on an 85 Dodge D150, 150,000 on an 04 Nissan P/U, 155,000 on an 05 Nissan Maxima, 360,000 + each on 2 Nissan Frontiers, an 06 and 07 model, and 108,000 on my 06 Nissan Armada. I don't baby my vehicles. I drive them, and I drive them hard. They are nothing more than machines, and I expect them to perform. Aside from the occasional mechanical/electrical/softwarescrewups, Hyundai is a fine product line. I am not sorry I purchased this car. I think it's time for a tune up. Oh, I am on my 2nd set of tires. The only dealer service, was for recall work. My local mechanics, or I have performed all other maintenance and repairs. Hope this helps.
good day.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2011 2.0T Limited - 109,000 miles. Replaced the engine twice under warranty and the turbo once. Starter also under warranty. Beside the pesky squeak from the passenger side dash (It's not the turbo waste gate.) I'm still happy with it and even happier with Hyundai's commitment to stand behind their products.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have new Motor at 127k just a lil over 10k ago but now 137k on the body and all good. have not had to do anything but tires and brakes since I bought 2 years ago.
2.0 2013

·
Registered
25 Posts
2013 2.0T - 116.5k+ on odometer. Original engine and turbo (thankfully). Car still pulls strong and very happy with ownership, so far.

DIY Repairs, replacements & maintenance:
Regular oil changes every 3k (started to DIY using full synthetic 5W-30 @ 80k) w/ 1x Liqui Moly engine flush and Ceratec @ 106k, Techron fuel system cleaner every other oil change, replaced thermostat, outer tie rods (Moog) + alignment, 2x transmission fluid drain and fills, 2x coolant drain and fill, on 3rd set of tires on all 4 corners (currently, Michelin Pilot A/S 3+) w/ regular rotation every 7k-10k, 1x brake fluid change w/ Castrol synthetic DOT 4, 2x AC recharge (previously a slow leak at shraeder valve), 1x spark plugs, 2x wipers, PCV valve (preventative), map/dome light assembly, throttle body cleaning, transmission neutral safety switch failed @ 89k, repainted rear bumper 2x via rattle can (due a-hole NY drivers that don't know how to parallel park).

Mods & "enhancements":
ADD W1 oil catch can since 85.5k, Power Stop Z23 brake kit (front and rear), aftermarket LED tail light assemblies (due to brake light housing socket melting twice rendering tail lights useless on both sides...), LED bulbs (door puddle lights, license plate, interior, fog and trunk), K&N drop in engine and cabin air filters.

Luckily, I've only had the stealership touch my car for the first couple years of free oil changes and recall work. All other work was done myself. Tire installation and alignment done at Costco or local mechanic I trust.

Overall, this Sonata has been relatively trouble free and reliable compared to my other cars in the past.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
2013 2.0T - 116.5k+ on odometer. Original engine and turbo (thankfully). Car still pulls strong and very happy with ownership, so far.

Overall, this Sonata has been relatively trouble free and reliable compared to my other cars in the past.
With the general public perception of how bad Hyundai's are, it's amazing how many Hyundai owners have this same comment. I can honestly say that my 2003 santa fe is the best vehicle I have ever bought from a reliability standpoint and a maintenance standpoint. And this is coming from someone just under 70 years old.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My wife's 2013 2.4 just rolled over 100K miles last week. Bought as a CPO with 22K miles on it in 2015.
Other than regular maintenance (15K miles ATF drain and refill, front brakes, serpentine belt, plugs and coolant X 1) have changed the passenger side axle because it was clicking at 80K miles.
Has had Mobil 1 since I got it. was burning a lot with 0-W20 after 50K miles, now with 0-W30 it would need around 2 qts every 4K miles but it does vary with the temp and I guess my wife's driving (local vs fwy).

101 - 113 of 113 Posts