Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning, I started the car, put on the seatbelt, paired the phone and started my Skeptoid podcast... so the car's been running for a good 30 seconds. I put it into Drive and the shift was very rough. Started driving off and the shifts were very hard. It's done this before but this behavior is usually gone by the time the car is up to temperature. It's less pronounced when the Eco mode is off but I can still tell it's shifting very rough. It didn't go away until about 15 minutes later when I had to pick up speed to enter the highway.

When I gave it more throttle to get on the highway, it dropped 2 gears and kinda stayed there for a while. Even with my foot off the pedal.

None of this happened this afternoon when I drove the car for lunch or on the drive back from home... strange. I have an appointment with Hyundai later on this week but was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Something similar happened to me. The shifts were extremely harsh when the car was cold (even after letting it warm for about a minute or so). It only went away after driving, and when the car was still warm (mid afternoon) it wouldn't do it anymore.

Turned out to be the transmission temperature sensor.

Once that was replaced it started shifting fine again, no problem.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
We seeing rash of temp sensor code with couple of the model in product line up,, most customer not stated MIL illuminated.. find it in TCM when we do a complete fault code search.. most of them I find is flagged as "HISTORY",,, not ACTIVE.

Put a sensor in, reset adaptive learn, and test drive.

·
Registered
91 Posts
We seeing rash of temp sensor code with couple of the model in product line up,, most customer not stated MIL illuminated.. find it in TCM when we do a complete fault code search.. most of them I find is flagged as "HISTORY",,, not ACTIVE.

Put a sensor in, reset adaptive learn, and test drive.
How would you reset adaptive learn?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
How would you reset adaptive learn?
Reset for adaptive learn process is done using Hyundai' GDS.. plug in, ID vehicle, select auto trans, ok, Software Management, reset adaptive learn, and follow prompts for couple steps..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts