Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the HID kit but I am just not techie enough to install these. Can you guys recommend a shop where I can have this installed? Thanks!

·
2,258 Posts
i moved your thread to the "General Hyundai Non-Model Specific Discussion" so you can get more exposure from members who might have your answer, but dont lurk in the Santa Fe threads. i did leave a re-direct(shadow link) so the members you were trying to target, can see your thread.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Im, not sure this was a good idea. I think any HID install IS very specific to the vehicle. My fellow Cannuck is seeking assistance that will require specific knowledge of the SF, just in case there are variances from other models. We wouldn't want him blowing up is santy!! Well, actually, that might be kinda' cool now that I think about it....hmmm...I digress.:wink2:

If I may suggest, casperr might be better served by merging his question with one of the existing HID threads in the SFS sub-forum.

Cheers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the HID kit but I am just not techie enough to install these. Can you guys recommend a shop where I can have this installed? Thanks!
I notice you drive a SF 2.0t Santa fe limited which I believe it comes with stock HID's, or are you looking to do the fogs?

·
2,258 Posts
I think any HID install IS very specific to the vehicle.
to a small degree. no more than an oil change is.

My fellow Cannuck is seeking assistance that will require specific knowledge of the SF, just in case there are variances from other models.
again, its no more specific than an oil change. all the installer needs to find out is bulb type (and the color the customer wants). everything else has been done before by an installer. there are only so many bulbs/headlight styles out there. i have done plenty HID installs and they are all almost identical. (minus some not having a cap to drill through)

If I may suggest, casperr might be better served by merging his question with one of the existing HID threads in the SFS sub-forum.
i would rather him have more exposure to other members that might know of, a great shop. but if the OP really wants to head back to the SF section, just let me know - it only takes a few seconds.

if we were talking about engine building, turbo work, engine mapping/tuning, awd work - then yes, id suggest one sticks with a mechanic/shop thats specific to the nature of the work and the particular brand/style of car. like how certain shops are Nissan based, or subaru based, or honda based, etc. then i'd agree with you. but HID work for an installer is literally no harder than changing oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts