Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to purchase a tucson soon, but there are ALWAYS bugs and such when driving on the highways here. Is there any cover yet that goes on the front part of the car, or anyone have suggestions on how to keep it clean from those dumb bugs?

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (Flippr @ Apr 18 2010, 03:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314352
I am going to purchase a tucson soon, but there are ALWAYS bugs and such when driving on the highways here. Is there any cover yet that goes on the front part of the car, or anyone have suggestions on how to keep it clean from those dumb bugs?
Drive backwards? (That's my way of saying "No, I haven't seen one, yet!")

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I would recommend you look into a clear bra. It's like a film they apply to the front of the vehicle, kind of like tint. It is very durable. Most tint installers offer this service. The material they use is something like this. invisable shield

I will have this done to my Tucson. You don't see anything but it offers great protection from bugs and stones.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I did a quick search of all the usual sites and discovered something interesting: None of them even list a bra for the gen 1 Tucson, let alone for our new ones! I think the invisible shield mentioned above might be your only bet for right now.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (Flippr @ Apr 18 2010, 05:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314389
Nice. I will have to ask the place here. Do you know how much $ it ranges from?
The dealer is replacing both my front windows this Thursday (due to scratches) and I will have my windows tinted after that. I will speak to my tint guy this week and I will ask him for a price. I had it done before on my other vehicle (2001 Lexus GS300) and it cost me 145.00 and it looked flawless and that was 2 years ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So is it a lot easier to take the bugs off of the invis-shield? The dealer that I am going to buy the car from has this stupid 1000 dealer add-on of some stupid wax. When I buy mine, they have to get it from somewhere else, i am making sure they dont charge me for that. Also, tinting is $275. Is it worth it from there or cheaper at stores?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (Flippr @ Apr 18 2010, 07:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314442
So is it a lot easier to take the bugs off of the invis-shield? The dealer that I am going to buy the car from has this stupid 1000 dealer add-on of some stupid wax. When I buy mine, they have to get it from somewhere else, i am making sure they dont charge me for that. Also, tinting is $275. Is it worth it from there or cheaper at stores?
Well from my past experiences the dealer ALWAYS tacks a ton of money onto a bill from an outside vendor. We use to charge dealers 250.00 for a alarm and remote starter and they would charge the customer 650 - 750 for it. I would find a good tinter in your area and have it done there. make sure it is done from a store not some guy doing it on the street. in case there is a problem you know where to return to get it resolved. I purchase this shield mainly for rock and stone protection. and if it will protect from rocks and stones then bugs should not be a problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for getting back to me. There is a tinter here that my co-worker recommends, so I will go ask them how much it might be. I will ask if they do the clear coat thing too for the front.

On a side question....anything to protect from hail stones? :\ I live in a place where it hails sometimes and we have no garage or anything. I dont think there is anything to protect a car though.

·
Registered
570 Posts
QUOTE (Flippr @ Apr 19 2010, 03:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314626
Thanks for getting back to me. There is a tinter here that my co-worker recommends, so I will go ask them how much it might be. I will ask if they do the clear coat thing too for the front.

On a side question....anything to protect from hail stones? :\ I live in a place where it hails sometimes and we have no garage or anything. I dont think there is anything to protect a car though.
Just a thought... Up here in the north, we have these really heavy-duty canvas car covers for winter storage. They don't take up that much room when they are all folded up and I would think they are heavy enough to prevent most hail damage, other than the really big stuff. You could leave it folded up in the spare-tire well and quickly get it out if a major storm was approaching. Probably don't want to keep driving with it on, though. :p

Other than that, I've never seen a product (other than a garage!) that can keep hail from doing its thing.

tim B)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts