Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've seen them for diesel trucks before but I guess they sell them for cars and motorcycles too. The truck filters were in the $200-$400 range so that falls in line with K&Ns filter. Personally, I'm so off the K&N bandwagon that I doubt I'll ever buy another one of their OEM replacement air filters again and definitely won't be partaking in their permanent / reusable oil filters. Like they say, I don't know if they filter better or worse...or flow air better, but they stay out of the landfill longer.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think it would only be worthwhile on a new vehicle if one were concerned about overall costs of filters...but i just wonder how well this thing filters compared to the traditional paper element and how it would hold up in the long term.

i can't see it being fun to clean out either

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I have seen them advertised by a different manufacturer.

If you had an engine go under warranty and Hyundai saw it, there may be questions.

I personally would not use one.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
I would never make up the cost difference. At 2 filters a year it would take about 15 years to break even.

·
Registered
427 Posts
And if you had engine problems, Hyundai would be pointing the finger so fast you would think it was a Trudeau Salute and no warranty. ,,|,,

·
22,788 Posts
And if you had engine problems, Hyundai would be pointing the finger so fast you would think it was a Trudeau Salute and no warranty. ,,|,,
ROF $6 for OEM and a crush washer for me. No "You're #1" announcements pointed in my direction.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think K&N made it for people who want their engine to look pretty. It would never pay back, and I couldn't believe that it would do a better job filtering the oil.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I remember those. Kind of clever to add a filter to the engine. But they are not full flow, so not super effective. Better than nothing though.

Messing to change it, best bet is to pop a hole in the top of the filter and let it set for a few minutes before you try to remove it or you'll get the full load of oil spewed on top of the motor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts