Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought a new 2010 Tucson a couple weeks ago, it's a GLS, I notices once I got home and really looked it over, that something seemed to be missing on the engine.... the next day it hit me... it was missing the plastic engine cover that goes on top of the valve cover... that would say 2.4L DOHC (something like that) the holes are there for the mounting hardware.... so I called the dealer and told them, and he said he remembers seeing a bulliten something about this, so it then comes back and says, it only comes if you have the Privacy packag (back tinted windows I thing???) and before I could say it, he said, now what that has to do with that I have no clue....

So, am I being lied too? and someone forgot to put the cover on mine???? Does anyone else not have this cover?? I know it really dosen't do anything... but it looks like something is missing, plus you can see the wire for the plugs, fuel injection ect...

If this really does seem to be the case, I might see how much one cost from the dealr and just buy one...

·
Registered
19 Posts
The engine cover on the GLS model is included in the "Popular Equipment Package." This $1,700 option includes:

Alloy & leather steering wheel with telescopic adjustment; Front and rear alloy wheels with 17 inch rim diam and 6.5 inch rim width; Driver power window with auto up/down; Cloth seat upholstery with additional vinyl; Luxury trim alloy & leather on gearknob; Wireless connection Bluetooth; Voice activating system includes phone; Illuminated driver and passenger vanity mirror; Steering wheel mounted remote audio controls; Cruise control; Body color exterior door handles; Driver and passenger heated painted door mirrors; Privacy glass rear and rear side; Roof rails; Engine cover; Side garnish; Soft touch interior paint

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2010/hyunda...l#ixzz0rXsQN3U9

Hope this helpful
Will

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.