Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if I'm the only cheapskate out there who decided he could live without keyless entry, heated seats, Bluetooth and cruise control.

The only one of the 4 that I really miss is cruise - highway drives from Toronto to Ottawa take a toll on my foot. The rest, not so much.

Yeah, heated seats and Bluetooth would be nice. Keyless entry? Old school without it. This is going back to 1999 for me to my last car that didn't have it, but you get used to it.

The uplevel GL would have cost me about $2,500 more for these 4 options. Didn't see the value proposition there.

Anyways, love the car, had it since early July and it's been a peach. Averaging about 36 MPG - 6.6 litres/100km in mixed driving. Can't complain and must say this forum is a wonderful resource!

Cheers
Ray

·
Registered
790 Posts
Is that just the base model? I tried to buy that here is the USA it it was my daily driver just for commuting as the wifes car is for all the heavy duty work but my wife wanted me to have something better and that "we" would be more proud of owning..

Its just money as she says haha..

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just wondering if I'm the only cheapskate out there who decided he could live without keyless entry, heated seats, Bluetooth and cruise control.

The only one of the 4 that I really miss is cruise - highway drives from Toronto to Ottawa take a toll on my foot. The rest, not so much.

Yeah, heated seats and Bluetooth would be nice. Keyless entry? Old school without it. This is going back to 1999 for me to my last car that didn't have it, but you get used to it.

The uplevel GL would have cost me about $2,500 more for these 4 options. Didn't see the value proposition there.

Anyways, love the car, had it since early July and it's been a peach. Averaging about 36 MPG - 6.6 litres/100km in mixed driving. Can't complain and must say this forum is a wonderful resource!

Cheers
Ray
Get the dealer to put a Rostra cruise kit on it like we did to our 07 Accent we used to have and MISS.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I couldn't do w/o any of those - bluetooth is probably the closest to something I don't need... heck, I couldn't do w/o the panoramic sunroof!

this morning, wife used the heated seats...

·
Registered
459 Posts
No way I was going without a sunroof, alloys and fog lights. Bluetooth is handy, so glad I have it. Heated seats are only on for roughly 5 minutes when I'm first in the car then they go off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't get me wrong guys, I'd LOVE to have the extra features of a GL or GLS, but the rebate on the L was much more $$ off.

And I could have rolled off the lot in a Genesis Coupe had I really wanted one, it's not a cash flow problem.

I'm just cheap.:p

Oh, and installing aftermarket cruise control is not a bad idea as long as it's not too expensive to do!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Why be cheap? You can't take the money with you when you die, so you might as well not go without. I for one can't wait till I'm done school and working. In a few years when I'm making close to or over 6 figures, I won't be walking into a Hyundai dealer for an Elantra. I'll be leaving with two Gennies (coupe GT and R-Spec sedan) and a Santa Fe or two.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Why be cheap? You can't take the money with you when you die, so you might as well not go without. I for one can't wait till I'm done school and working. In a few years when I'm making close to or over 6 figures, I won't be walking into a Hyundai dealer for an Elantra. I'll be leaving with two Gennies (coupe GT and R-Spec sedan) and a Santa Fe or two.
I walk into the Hyundai dealer because I dont make that kinda money, if I did I would have the mindset that its only money and why not get something better haha :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
Don't get me wrong guys, I'd LOVE to have the extra features of a GL or GLS, but the rebate on the L was much more $$ off.

And I could have rolled off the lot in a Genesis Coupe had I really wanted one, it's not a cash flow problem.

I'm just cheap.:p

Oh, and installing aftermarket cruise control is not a bad idea as long as it's not too expensive to do!
the cruise was 650$ or when we had it done

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
By the way I wonder where all these L, GL, GLS letters come from... As well as the LE, GXE, LS, that some other manufactuers use

·
Registered
740 Posts
I kind of wish the US got the bare bones version. All I want is the Elantra GT, manual transmission, Air conditioning, and cruise control, I would be happy.

I got what I want plus hundreds of other stuff I never use.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I really only wanted the dual zone climate, but ended up having to get all the extras to have it (except that trick rearview mirror). Hardly ever use any of it, and even the 16" alloys look better to me than those 17's. But, everything works as it should, and I'm still happy.

Geoff

·
22,788 Posts
I really only wanted the dual zone climate, but ended up having to get all the extras to have it (except that trick rearview mirror). Hardly ever use any of it, and even the 16" alloys look better to me than those 17's. But, everything works as it should, and I'm still happy.

Geoff
I would have never, EVER, bought the auto-dimming mirror. Now that I own one, and rented a car last week that didn't have one, I couldn't wait to get back to my car. My night driving is so much more relaxing now without those piercing headlights penetrating thru the rear window.

It sorta coincides with the tint I installed. After driving my Dad's non-tinted Kia Rio, I fully appreciate the multiple benefits the tint offers.

I'll admit it, I'm becoming lazy AND spoiled by these little conveniences. GUILTY! ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I installed one in the Elantra only because the Soul has one installed at port of entry. Daughter wishes the outside mirrors dimmed also, which very few cars do. I programmed one of the Homelinks to turn on a light attached to an x10 controller.

After my Bluelink trial is over, I will have buttons that I will never use. Of course, the original mirror has those buttons also.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'd buy a l if I could get in auto form, cruise and not ridiculous 2000$+ for ac
power locks,windows,heated seats,b tooth etc all things I can live without..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts