Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the current situation with kspec.com? They have been mentioned on this site many times and thought they were a reputable business. I was looking to buy the Neotech adjustable upper control arms that no one seems to have, but they listed as having it. I purchased the set on 7-14-13. I received payment verification from them showing my paypall payment went through on 7-15-13 and email indicated that it would take up to a month possibly to get items, but usually less time. Since that email I have not gotten any emails, despite emailing them at least 3 times now. I guess I will just have to dispute the payment with paypal and get my money back. :mad: But I'd rather get the control arms!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
You might be right on the edge of running out of time to dispute the payment with Paypal. I think for some transactions the deadline is 45 days, but I could be misremembering.

You'd better check ASAP on the paypal rules.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hadn't even thought that there would be a deadline for disputes since shipping was going to take so long.... headed over to look now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks stephen9666, according to PayPal it is 45 days, but it did let me open a dispute claim even though I'm technically over that period so hopefully that means they are going to carry on as usual with processing the dispute. Hopefully this will get their attention and I can get my camber kit, otherwise I will be forced to escalate it to where PayPal gets my money back (in theory at least) then I'll have to find a new place to buy from.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know now, I guess I just never ran across any of the negative posts. At least it looks like I will be able to get my money back. I wonder if anyone even carries this item anymore?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm going through the whole PayPal thing right now myself. I bought a set of wheels off eBay and I didn't realize the 45 day window had passed. I won't get into details but last week I returned the one wheel I received and now just waiting on my refund. Hopefully your claim gets settled in your favor!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, through PayPal KSPEC replied and if understood correctly, the Noetech company still makes the kit, but it would take 4-6 weeks to make it and that KSPEC claims they had sent me an email asking if this was ok and to confirm order or not (saying something about looking at my email address it probably didn't go through).

Anyway I asked them if what I understood was correct that the kit is still made. Also stated not sure how I could get some email but not others. Then I asked them what assurance would I have to be able to get a refund if I went ahead with the order since I would have no buyer protection through PayPal if they don't fulfill the order.

Maybe I should just go ahead and take the refund they are offering. But I have no idea where I can get this kit from and it would be nice to have to get the alignment numbers right.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I guess they couldn't bother with assuring me in any way of a good transaction. But at least they gave me a full refund.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts