Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my first look at the under-dash fuse box. Wow. If you get stuck on a dark road at night you are SOL.

Anyway, I am having particular trouble checking the radio fuse. Apparently it is grouped with the ROOM LP fuse behind a yellow bracket. Together they are called the "Memory Fuse" so that you can easily pull them if you are storing the car for awhile.

But I can't get the damm yellow bracket off. I can loosen the right side off pinching it but the left just doesn't want to go and I am pretty sure that I am going to break something if I try any harder.

Any experience with this fuse?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Just pull on it to release the fuses then pinch the sides of the yellow retainer to remove the fuse holder from the fuse box. Pinching pushes in the release tabs. Now you can replace the fuse.

Just Checked: Both sides of the fuse retainer are identical. You have to push in the 2 sides.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim, many thanks for checking.

I can pinch the right side just fine but the left absolutely won't budge. I'm at the point where I want to take it to the dealer so that they can break it instead of me because I've pinched and tugged as much as I feel comfortable with.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Anybody have any tricks for getting that yellow fuse holder out? I have pinched both sides as hard as I can and it won't budge. My radio is totally dead, no lights, sounds or anything.

·
Registered
410 Posts
It is really hard....i had to pinch it hard enough and Pull\jerk it where tips of my fingers hurt from such pressure...but it came right out.

To get the fuse out of the fuse holder for Room Lamp and Audio, you have to squeeze the tabs on the arms on either side of the fuse holder and remove the holder completely. Then you can slip the fuse out of the holder. Note that getting the tabs to release is not easy. I have one side on mine that will not release, but when my Room Lamp fuse blew, I was able to bend that arm of the fuse holder and still get the fuse out.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Pull it out

Note if both fuse same color or not, as you dont want the high amp fuse going into the low amp circuit and other way around..

Pull it out yet ?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Finally got it out after nearly ripping my fingernail off. Fuses looked fine, so I put them back in and now the radio works again. Weird. :huh:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer (actually one of the technicians) said that you aren't supposed to pull that yellow thing all the way off. Pull it just enough so that you can twist it and get the fuse out.

·
22,787 Posts
Night time fuse search tip: I have one of those small LED flashlights (maybe 3-4" in length?). It has the small nylon strap attached to the end. I hang it on the turn signal lever and it swings freely and never hits anything. And being aluminum, it isn't heavy enough to alter, impact, or interfere with the light/signal stalk operations.

Best part: It's there if I need light for searching in dark places. It's easily available in seconds. And it's black, so it blends in well with the interior background. I rarely notice it there. But I quickly remember it when I find a need for quick lighting.

·
Registered
54 Posts
bit old but someone may find it useful. The left hand side on my yellow clip was not like the right. The right was depressed to move the barb in. The left was more like a radio and needed something poking in to depress it. But I just did as most did and yanked really hard and it came out. That is how I seen the way it worked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts