Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
'19 Santa Fe SE 2.4L
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 SE and started hearing a knock from the car this morning. As far as I can tell, it seems to be the struts. I'm right at 58K miles and was wondering if anybody else has had to replace the struts and/or shocks yet.

Registered
I have a 2019 SE and started hearing a knock from the car this morning. As far as I can tell, it seems to be the struts. I'm right at 58K miles and was wondering if anybody else has had to replace the struts and/or shocks yet.
Time to get to see your dealer. you only have 2,000 miles left on your warranty.

Registered
2015 Sonata Limited 2.4 GDI non turbo 40k miles Kona EV 2021 15k miles
I don't see how a worn or faulty strut would be knocking. A broken spring will, or a failed end link. Also check your wheel lugs. Check for something lose inside the engine bay and inside door storage.

Registered
2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5T
I don't see how a worn or faulty strut would be knocking. A broken spring will, or a failed end link. Also check your wheel lugs. Check for something lose inside the engine bay and inside door storage.
It is common for a worn or faulty strut to knock or clunk. This is very much the same noise as a faulty shock absorber. The noise is due to the additional, uncontrolled, travel. The mileage seems low for a bad strut though, so I would agree with your assessment to check the simple things like lug nuts or end links.

Registered
If you replace the strut and not use OEM you will be disappointed in the ride. More than likely the upper strut bearing or link (like others have said).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts