Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking on a few Veloster forums and they have a lot of good things to say about this Pierce torsion bar. In fact, they say this bar gets rid of the "rear end jitteriness over rough pavement" and makes the car feel more "planted on the road". I also read phrases like "best bang for your buck" and so on.

Fits 2011 2013 Hyundai Elantra and GT Piercemotorsports Rear Torsion Sway Bar | eBay

I guess what I'm getting at is that the Veloster owners with this torsion bar are making all the same claims as the KYB shocks owners here are making. So what gives?

I haven't been able to find anybody here on the GT forum who's installed this particular bar yet. I'm sure there's got to be somebody out there who's tried this bar by now. I have the KYB's sitting in my living room ready to install but I'm wondering if I should just give this bar a try instead. So, anybody have any experience with this bar?

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
Save your money for the dude that finds way to bend rear of Elantra to seriously straighten up both camber and toe at the rear from the GROSS numbers Hyundai calls "spec",, that what causing all the serious stupid handling and tire wear issues..

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I've been lurking on a few Veloster forums and they have a lot of good things to say about this Pierce torsion bar. In fact, they say this bar gets rid of the "rear end jitteriness over rough pavement" and makes the car feel more "planted on the road". I also read phrases like "best bang for your buck" and so on.

Fits 2011 2013 Hyundai Elantra and GT Piercemotorsports Rear Torsion Sway Bar | eBay

I guess what I'm getting at is that the Veloster owners with this torsion bar are making all the same claims as the KYB shocks owners here are making. So what gives?

I haven't been able to find anybody here on the GT forum who's installed this particular bar yet. I'm sure there's got to be somebody out there who's tried this bar by now. I have the KYB's sitting in my living room ready to install but I'm wondering if I should just give this bar a try instead. So, anybody have any experience with this bar?
I had both on my Sedan, but only the KYB's on my GT, and I'm satisfied.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I had both on my Sedan, but only the KYB's on my GT, and I'm satisfied.
Thanks for the input. I'm considering both for my GT but I'm just trying to figure out if both are necessary if they accomplish the same thing. The folks in the Veloster forums give the impression that the torsion bar keeps the back end from skipping around but is better at cutting down on body roll and leveling-out the car.

In a perfect world it would be awesome to spend a day at a shop that had a lot of options to try out and then decide exactly what I liked the best. I know, wishful thinking! :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've got the KYBs and Progress Tech sway bar on mine...review is in my sig. I enjoy it, but I wish it were a couple mm larger, though not sure what it would do. At speed it's definitely much more fun, that's for sure!

I may just be lucky, but the alignment on mine seems fine...I have no problem at any speed over rough roads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
pyxen
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing