Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get just a little more bass out of the factory head unit.

Not the limited version, just the standard head unit with the bluetooth audio.

I was looking for a couple of subs I can fit under the front seats or somehow put it under the back seats.

I havent looked under the seats to see exactly how much space I have but i'm looking at it tomorrow.

2013 model

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I got a Kenwood Compact Sub under my driver's seat. Works like a charm and fattens up the bass.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I also have the kenwood sub under drivers seat. The Amp is built into the sub, just run power and ground and then connect to rear speakers from behind radio.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just ordered the kenwood ksc-sw11. It'll be a nice christmas present for myself. I plan on sticking it under the drivers seat. I'm basically gonna follow the amp install part of this guide for getting it wired up
(thread titled "Complete Amp, Speaker, and Wire Install Guide"...I can't post a link cause I haven't been a member long enough)

I also just got my infinity speakers for the doors, and should be able to stick them in this weekend following silvergls's guide
(thread titled "Component Speaker Install"...I can't post a link cause I haven't been a member long enough)

I've got high hopes for these two upgrades!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Looking to get just a little more bass out of the factory head unit.

Not the limited version, just the standard head unit with the bluetooth audio.

I was looking for a couple of subs I can fit under the front seats or somehow put it under the back seats.

I havent looked under the seats to see exactly how much space I have but i'm looking at it tomorrow.

2013 model
Assuming the sedan is like the coupe, there is no "under the back seat" as there is no real gap between the bottom of the seat and the floorboard.

I just went old school with an 8" powered Bazooka sub in the trunk attached to the back of the wider seat.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I just ordered the kenwood ksc-sw11. It'll be a nice christmas present for myself. I plan on sticking it under the drivers seat. I'm basically gonna follow the amp install part of this guide for getting it wired up
(thread titled "Complete Amp, Speaker, and Wire Install Guide"...I can't post a link cause I haven't been a member long enough)

I also just got my infinity speakers for the doors, and should be able to stick them in this weekend following silvergls's guide
(thread titled "Component Speaker Install"...I can't post a link cause I haven't been a member long enough)

I've got high hopes for these two upgrades!
Welcome!

These are a nice bang for the buck upgrades.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome!

These are a nice bang for the buck upgrades.
Thanks! I just got my elantra a few weeks ago, and my first thought was that I need to do something about the sound system. I searched around and found the great guides here. I'm impressed with the amount of knowledge being shared on this forum...really looking forward to hanging out here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got this sub installed under my seat last night. I'm very happy with it. Like people said in other threads, it doesn't rattle the windows or anything, but it fills out the bass quite nicely. I'm guessing I'd be a bit disappointed if I had stuck it in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Just got this sub installed under my seat last night. I'm very happy with it. Like people said in other threads, it doesn't rattle the windows or anything, but it fills out the bass quite nicely. I'm guessing I'd be a bit disappointed if I had stuck it in the trunk.
At first test I had it in the trunk. Yeah, good for a in cabin install but not for the trunk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts