Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car shows 1/4 left in the gas tank but it starts to stall out and die when driven anywhere passed 1/4th.

Im about to make a road trip 4 hours away and definitely need this to work to its fullest.

LMK, because as of right now, im just wanting to replace everything.........

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
that is worth investigating. i'd want to run it down to near 1/4, and then pull the pump out to see what the level really is. if its just a faulty gauge or sender , and could very well be, could either be fixed or even compensated for. just treat the 1/4 mark as empty.

reason i say worth investigating....less fuel means less head pressure on the pump suction and that may indicate something's not right. pump not working properly, low voltage to pump, intake screen (or sock as some call it) may be blocked, blocked fuel filter. i can even see an EVAP problem causing this.

once level is checked, if it really is at 1/4 tank i'd want to do a fuel pressure test. for the cost and sake of time, this is one of the few times i would replace the fuel filter regardless. the pump intake should be obvious visually.

rule those out, and then start worrying about the pump itself. voltage is an easy test with a multimeter while you're there checking the fuel level. same with that sock ;)

not sure where the filter is on the MC accent, i'm sure someone will be happy to guide you there. i've only worked on LC and X3's.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
that would be correct. i thought they went back to a secondary replaceable filter like the LC1 design when they built the MC. guess not! my bad.

·
Registered
538 Posts
When it gets to 1/4 and you refill it how much fuel goes in? If it's near/over 40 litres your gauge is cactus for whatever reason. If it's near 30 litres you have a blockage/starvation problem as others have said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts