Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching through the forum for this and couldn't find anything. I've got my phone paired up with the head unit via bluetooth and I play audio through it by switching the head unit to Media. That all works great. My phone starts playing automatically as soon as I switch the head unit to Media, and it pauses if I switch away from Media or if I turn the car off. Couldn't be more pleased with that part.

The only part that's bugging me now is that every time I turn the car on, the head unit always goes back to FM (or rather, whatever non-Media mode it was on before I switched to Media the last time...I think). Once my phone has connected, I have to manually hit the Media button to get back to playing audio through my phone. Does anybody know if there's a way to get it to stay on Media or have it switch to Media when my phone connects?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
If you were connecting through the iPod cable it would go to it, because of the physical connection. The bluetooth linkup comes after the HU has initiated, so it doesn't "see" the phone as the last input. I doubt you'll be able to designate an input the isn't connected at power on as default.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you were connecting through the iPod cable it would go to it, because of the physical connection. The bluetooth linkup comes after the HU has initiated, so it doesn't "see" the phone as the last input. I doubt you'll be able to designate an input the isn't connected at power on as default.
I kinda figured that was the reason it goes back to FM when the car first turns on. I'm really hoping there's a way to have it switch to media once the phone connects though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts