Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 Elantra SEL. I’ve noticed when I go into sport mode the steering gets heavier and feels much more responsive, but it definitely hits the pocket book these days to drive around in sport all the time. Is there any way to have the sport steering feel in normal and eco mode? I know this is almost certainly impossible in terms of using the setting menu of the car etc. and as such I am thinking more in line with modification to some/various parts of the car to achieve this through whatever means available.
Thank you for your help

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Elantra N-line
537 Posts
It'll probably only be possible through software modifications in the ECU. Possible if someone goes through the ECU. But these new ECUs will have to be unlocked first so it's gonna take quite a while.

·
Registered
49 Posts
There's no built in feature to customize like that unless you buy N. Since you ask theoretical - someone could make a module that plugs into OBD port.

I drove Rio last night and that thing has heavy steering comparably. It's better than hydraulic sport-oriented setup where going to grocery feels like you are on race track every moment and car is tracking every imperfection on the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts