Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couples of days ago, I was driving up a really hilly area in Queens, and I noticed that when I got to the top and leveled off, my parking brake light, ABS light, downhill assist light were on. I was freaked out, especially by the parking brake light and ABS light. I downhill assist I kinda understood. I pulled over to the side and turned off the car. When I turned it back on, everything was fine. Was this just a slight glitch or should I be worried. I should mention that my parking brake was not active. Does anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
humm, From a electrical aspect of look at it the only thing that is different from being on a hill is the angle that the car is on. I would first recommend that you check the level of the brake fluid in the reservoir. There is a sensor in the the brake reservoir that lets the driver know when the fluid is low by turning on the brake lamp. I don't think that should turn on the ABS or the Hill assist light. Maybe you can tell me exactly where you were driving and I'll drive the same road and see if it happens to my Tucson. The steepest hill I can think of in Queens is Eliot Ave near the crematory.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (Joeeey @ May 24 2010, 05:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325930
humm, From a electrical aspect of look at it the only thing that is different from being on a hill is the angle that the car is on. I would first recommend that you check the level of the brake fluid in the reservoir. There is a sensor in the the brake reservoir that lets the driver know when the fluid is low by turning on the brake lamp. I don't think that should turn on the ABS or the Hill assist light. Maybe you can tell me exactly where you were driving and I'll drive the same road and see if it happens to my Tucson. The steepest hill I can think of in Queens is Eliot Ave near the crematory.

hey Joeeey, I was driving up 150th Street from Hillside Avenue headed towards the grand Central. Completely freaked me out. Guess who won't be taking that route anymore. Thanks for volunteering your Tucson :liebe011:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts