Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a necessity living in the pacific northwest with constant rain. Anyone have feedback and links to window visors they've installed on their GT? I only found some generic ones on ebay - hope we get some love from the aftermarket companies in US/Canada soon!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've ordered that product, but not from that seller. This seller seems like they put a lot more care into shipping the product.

I'd say it's a bit too narrow for my liking, but it's a sacrifice I made for the sleeker low profile look. For just cracking the window open a bit to vent out some moisture, it does the job.

I've installed them in August where the temps were still around 20-30 celcius. In the winter months, the adhesives are still holding well. We've hit about -5 - -10 celcius here.

The mesh pattern is there, but it's not too intrusive to the design, in my opinion.

Let me know if you want more photos or if you want me to check out anything else on it.

Also, try searching i30 PD instead of elantra GT for visors. You may find overseas vendors with better prices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would either of you be able to post pictures of the visors installed? I really want to know what they look like as I'm interested in buying a set for my car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Did you check weathertech website for your model?
If they have, it will be a very good option.
I have contacted Weathertech to make few product for GTS such as vents and rear all weather mat for tech package. I have their in channel window vents for my BMW. But they aren't making them any time soon. So i ordered the window vent from South Korea too. It will be here next week. These are stuck on the outside but is only choice for now. In channel is cleaner look IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks so much for the pictures. I've been looking for some for my GTS, and I just wasn't sure if it'd look silly, but they look pretty good on there. Hope they match the black as well as I think it would.

·
Registered
657 Posts
They've survived the brutal winter so far.
Something is fishy here... Is that YOUR car? How come wheel/wheel covers are different left from right side?
Are you allowed to have license plate that off in Ontario? Plus completely unprotected? If your plates are brand new, they will fall apart in a few months, that is how shitty prisoners are making them now...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Something is fishy here... Is that YOUR car? How come wheel/wheel covers are different left from right side?
Are you allowed to have license plate that off in Ontario? Plus completely unprotected? If your plates are brand new, they will fall apart in a few months, that is how shitty prisoners are making them now...
All good questions.

All the images are of the same car. They're two pictures a few months apart. I switched my winter rims for the all seasons at the end of April. Definitely wore them down more than I should, but the weather last season has been ridiculous. I thought the wheels wouldn't make a difference since the person was just curious about how the visors looked.

I can't say for certain about the plate holders, but I've seen a few people in the GTA and the surrounding area with these tow hook plate holders and plates on their dash of their brand new cars. If I recall correctly, if the plate is deemed to be insufficiently secured by an officer, they can write up a ticket.

I fabbed up a steel bracket for it as a fun little project.

You're right about the plate being unprotected. I should get a cover for it. My hood and bumper has already suffered quite a bit this season.

The C series plates seem to be miles better than the early B series plates I've seen on the road. A few co-workers were already pulled over for bad plates. Our BV series plate has a giant bubble right in between the V under the lamination.

Yep. QC issues abound for those B plates. Thanks Trilcor.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just went through some visor adventures on my Soul. I believe the information is transferrable.

I ordered a set of Weather Tech from an Amazon vendor. We managed to get the fronts on, but the back had a couple of clamps that require peeling the weatherstripping back a bit.

To see if these were real live WT, I ordered a rear pair from the official WT site.

I took the car to a vendor who sells boo coo Weather Tech and other accessories. Guy fiddled with the back windows for about 15 minutes. NO LUCK.

He said "I usually put a set of these on in five minutes. These don't fit."

I contacted WT and they said maybe the guy doesn't know what he's doing. I said maybe he does and the design is flawed.

Sent the full set and 1/2 set back, losing some postage money for my trouble.

I will get the factory stick-on jobs. I had them on my '13 and '15 Souls and had zero issues. I'd rather pay once and get it right than screw with something that may or may not work.

Also I don't think the WT in-channel is the best design.

Good luck, whatever you do.

·
Registered
95 Posts
How did you get Weathertech window visor for 2018 GT when they havent made it yet? You must have gotten for 2017 and earlier or the sedan Elantra.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sorry I missed that part since i assumed was for GT because of thread section.
No worries!

Is the 2018 GT body different from the 2017? Actually my question is are there changes to the windows, or is the "new styling" cosmetic touches such as red stitching and red accents? If the greenhouse is the same, the '17 parts should fit. A reasonably bright H parts guy could answer that question.

While it doesn’t have the same refinement as the GTI or the same amount of power, Hyundai has a legitimate hot hatch that is oodles of fun to drive while costing thousands less than the VW. The Elantra GT's new styling makes the hatchback longer, lower and wider and gives it a bolder road presence. This is further enhanced on Sport models with sport seats, red accents around the air vents, and red contrast stitching on the steering wheel and transmission shifter cover.

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-th...5w_dc|269206619229||b|26285lk551871&segment=&

·
Registered
95 Posts
No worries!

Is the 2018 GT body different from the 2017? Actually my question is are there changes to the windows, or is the "new styling" cosmetic touches such as red stitching and red accents? If the greenhouse is the same, the '17 parts should fit. A reasonably bright H parts guy could answer that question.

While it doesn’t have the same refinement as the GTI or the same amount of power, Hyundai has a legitimate hot hatch that is oodles of fun to drive while costing thousands less than the VW. The Elantra GT's new styling makes the hatchback longer, lower and wider and gives it a bolder road presence. This is further enhanced on Sport models with sport seats, red accents around the air vents, and red contrast stitching on the steering wheel and transmission shifter cover.

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-th...5w_dc|269206619229||b|26285lk551871&segment=&
The US model 2018 GT is all new body style compare to 2017. I would assume Canada is same. But over seas, its called i30 which i believe the same body style started in 2017. I do know the trim level names are different as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts