Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
From my own experience

Check oil. It should be full but look for overfill.

Check coolant in bottle

Start vehicle and verify ac is working

Check to see if motor mount bolts run all the way down

Pull the engine cover and check
Electrical connections

Hoses, clamps, etc

Any leaks (oil, fuel).

HPFP--seated flat? No leaks?

Valve cover any weeping or wetness at the
mating surface to the head?

Reach over valve cover towards passenger side
and feel for a label...this is the engine number
and should be there to indicate it was part of the
recall

Should take about 10 minutes but worth it since any issues found after you drive off are yours to fix

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks Adog
From my own experience

Check coolant in bottle

Electrical connections

Hoses, clamps, etc

Any leaks (oil, fuel).

recall

Should take about 10 minutes but worth it since any issues found after you drive off are yours to fix

Tha
From my own experience

Check coolant in bottle

Electrical connections

Hoses, clamps, etc

Any leaks (oil, fuel).

recall

Thanks Adogg, Brought the car in Thursday at 8:00am and it was ready at 3:00pm hrs. I am not that familiar with modern engines and may have had the wrong impression on what a block is. According to the service guy the entire engine assembly was replaced. On the invoice: Engine Ass Part# 211012GK04 QQH. I googled it and sure looks like an entire motor except for the external stuff like alternator, A/C, turbo etc. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Whoa! Something took a brain fart on my response. I'm not sure where my 2 previous partial responses came from. I see the edit button but I can't edit. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Engine Ass Part# 211012GK04 QQH....
LOL I know what you mean but loving the Freudian slip. Now I got Sir Mix A Lot on the brain
"Fonda ain't gotta motor in the back of her Honda"

Yes it's a full engine with a new water pump

Ok real talk now....

The new to you motor aka remanufactured is filled with synthetic oil vs conventional. You will want to stick with that to ensure adequate lubrication.

I DIY my oil changes and 5k is my interval. Fill with whatever synthetic oil is cheapest but replace filter with OEM. Surely some will disagree but they seem to do the job and are easy to find (even at my local wally world) and are priced near most aftermarket.

I was told there is no breakin period but just for giggles babied it for first 800 miles. Afterwards, one Italian tune up per week.

·
Registered
58 Posts
LOL I know what you mean but loving the Freudian slip. Now I got Sir Mix A Lot on the brain
"Fonda ain't gotta motor in the back of her Honda"

Yes it's a full engine with a new water pump

Ok real talk now....

The new to you motor aka remanufactured is filled with synthetic oil vs conventional. You will want to stick with that to ensure adequate lubrication.

I DIY my oil changes and 5k is my interval. Fill with whatever synthetic oil is cheapest but replace filter with OEM. Surely some will disagree but they seem to do the job and are easy to find (even at my local wally world) and are priced near most aftermarket.

I was told there is no breakin period but just for giggles babied it for first 800 miles. Afterwards, one Italian tune up per week.

I was not aware that the new motor was prefilled with synthetic. My original motor had 150K on it and because of the turbo, I had used synthetic from the start and plan on continuing. After the 1st year I had stopped going to the dealer for oil changes as they were charging in the neighbourhood of $120. I bought a case of 20 OEM oil filters off eBay and started going to those Quick Lube places which brought the price down to about $70. I have 50K left on the extended warranty after which I will start doing my own.

I was told to observe the breakin period and was specifically told not to use the cruise control during that period.

Appreciate your advise.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So to finish my story, I picked up the car and got stranded on the side of the highway (on a Friday afternoon) due to over heating. Dealership was good. They waiting after hours for me until the tow truck arrived. They had a loaner waiting for me. Short story, it was a loose fitting. I also noticed that the engine oil was way overfilled. It's been a week now and the car is running very smoothly although gas mileage is poor. I know I'm breaking in a motor but mileage seems lower than when I bought the car new. Time will tell.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
I was told to observe the breakin period and was specifically told not to use the cruise control during that period.
Sounds like they neglected to tell you to specifically avoid overheating the engine, you could have just driven it and then went back for another of Hyundai's finest. :D

21 - 28 of 28 Posts