Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one this week. Would like to hear from any other owners on your experiences so far. Also, if you are considering buying one and have any questions, please let me know :)

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
there are as yet very few members that have got this new model in aus. as soon as it becomes more popular in that part of the world we hope to have more members from there, please use the sonata 2011 forum

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (Montego @ Jun 17 2010, 01:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333814
there are as yet very few members that have got this new model. as soon as it becomes more popular we will open up a new dedicated forum for it
Well, if anyone is considering buying one, please PM / e-mail me and I'll let you know how much I paid and where I got it from. I don't want to publish it here but I'll say that I got a very good price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got an i45 premium last week and trying to get my head around the iphone4 connectivity issue. I am hoping having the Bluetooth installed next week will fix it. Anyone had this issue at all on the 2011 model? Thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Burf @ Jun 25 2011, 06:20 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=466540
I just got an i45 premium last week and trying to get my head around the iphone4 connectivity issue. I am hoping having the Bluetooth installed next week will fix it. Anyone had this issue at all on the 2011 model? Thanks
Cool. What did you pay, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get the Hyundai Genuine Bluetooth? We didn't realise, but the dealer put in a Nokia Bluetooth kit and we don't like it all that much. We want to get the genuine Hyundai kit, but want to know if that is much more integrated into the car or if it is as crappy as this Nokia one.

Any info on how the Genuine Bluetooth kit in the i45 works would be great.

We just got our i45 (we're in Sydney) 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it, but just aren't too keen on the bluetooth setup. Well that and I can't get my iPhone to work with the iPhone connector, but that's another issue all together.

Cheers,
Steph

·
Registered
1 Posts
I brought one last week & am loving it. Only not happy about the fact that even after buying the premium, two major things are missing in it. Reversing camera & bluetooth. Can anyone suggest where I can get these things installed & how much will it cost me?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there. I've had my i45 Elite for a few months now. I'm also an Aussie (Melbourne). I'm very happy with the vehicle. :)

The Elite doesn't have Bluetooth or reverse cameras, but I can live without those.

I've only ever seen the i45 in white and silver in person (mine's "Noble White"), but I have seen other colours online. Does anyone own or seen any other colours in person? Silveri45surfer, I'm assuming you have a silver one!

I am considering making a few changes to the exterior. I'm hoping someone here can tell me if this is possible or not. I read somewhere that the i45 is discontinued, which is a shame, and might hinder this.

I'd like to replace the transparent plastic covers for the outside lights with tinted black / transparent covers. Y'know, the headlights, stop lights, etc. Is this legal in Victoria? I have seen other vehicles with it. I think this look with tinted windows and black rims would look quite classy.

Here's a couple small gripes I have with the vehicle, I wonder if it's just my car that encounters these... Please let me know guys!

While at the lights the car is on, motor running, and occasionally my gf feels unsafe if it's a very busy intersection and will ask me to lock the doors. Fair enough, I love them. When I park and turn the engine off, all the doors automatically unlock. Is this meant to happen? Seems to me like a programming oversight. In a very extreme example, just say you are being hounded by pedestrians or other drivers and you lock your doors. When you finally might escape and park somewhere, you would maybe turn the engine off by instinct. BOOM, doors unlocked. Said attackers may now be able to spot you and open your door. Crazy, outlandish example I know... just a thought!

Oh, this one REALLY bugs me... When playing a CD I can press the Info button and cycle through the CD data which will show Artist, Album and Song Title. HOWEVER the screen does not stay on this screen with this info showing. Should it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have owned a premium since new 2011. Love this car. However, pop your bonnet and check the colour of your dipstick. If it is yellow, you need to contact your authorised Hyundai dealer and check out the recall detail. If it has been inspected/repaired the dipstick should be yellow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts