Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am looking forward to buy an used 2011 Sonata GLS.
It got 26,000 miles on.
I going to look at the car tomorrow, but before I do
I would like to know if there are any problems with 2011 Sonata??
It's private party and I am going with my mechanic friend
Thanks

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Personally I wouldn't buy a 2011 model, it seems like they have a few issues here and there. Left pull issue, brake switch recall, fuel line tsb, older style radio (base), etc.

If you shop around you can find a '12 or '13 for almost as cheap as an '11.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Personally I wouldn't buy a 2011 model, it seems like they have a few issues here and there. Left pull issue, brake switch recall, fuel line tsb, older style radio (base), etc.

If you shop around you can find a '12 or '13 for almost as cheap as an '11.
Good point as 11 was the first year of the redesign.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hi everyone,
It got 26,000 miles on.
Thanks
Dont buy a '11 to many issues

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a 2011 SE and never had a single issue. No left pull, no fuel line issues, no brake switch issues, I had the recalls done only because I received the letters but not had the issues.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
I also have a 2011, so I will admit there will be bias in this post. That being said

The 2011s are a bit more problematic than the 2012 and 2013 years. HOWEVER, I would say that the earlier production date cars (early 2010 - early 2011) were the ones that seem to have the most issues.

I know because my car is a May, 2010 car and has had just about every recall and TSB that Hyundai issued on the YF.

If I was in the OP's position, I would base my purchase on the selling price of the car, production date, and if there was any of the 5/60K warranty left. With the 2011's being the oldest model of Sonata with warranty still left (maybe a few 2010s but not many I'm sure), you want to be sure that you can get service from the dealer for certain things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2011 2.0T Limited with no issues. Had the recalls done but no issue had popped up they were all done when I had gone in for my oil changes. Only issue I had was the steering issue of it wandering and it was fixed when I brought it in.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hi everyone,
It got 26,000 miles on.
Thanks
Buyed a certifed model it is only a 1k more plus u get a 10 year or 100k warranty. Can't beat that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts