Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I live in Australia and have a 2013 IX35 with the Hyundai OEM SatNav that is made by LGE.

I've managed to find to way to replace the "standard" default skin of the SatNav to give you many more features and control over the map screen. Take a look at :-
http://www.igo8mods.com/Skin_diMka_WA.pdf
for more details.

Apart from being able to have your current speed on the Map Screen now and being able to adjust the guidance voice volume you have a whole lot more control.

My procedure will only work for LGE units like the IX35 and the current i30. May also work with other KIA and Hyundai models as well.

If there's enough interest I will put together another thread with all the downloads and instructions. I just don't want to waste my time if there is no interest.:(

Greg

I

·
0 Posts
Hi ghines,

Also in Australia and have just purchased the ix35 Highlander, would be interested in the method you have used to change the GPS screens. Just love to tinker around with my toys....

I also wonder why the Australian models miss out on the voice command for the satnav/media player when the states and UK models have this feature??? I've worked out the correct resistor value to place across the audio control lines of the steering wheel to activate the "voice" feature, but it does not work, must be locked out in software as well. Would be great if we could figure out a way to turn this back on.........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Greg this is off topic I know but have you been up Kariong hill on the inside lane on the first left hander and had your traction control activate and almost bring you to a stop with a terrible grinding noise? I have been back to Hyundai and the service guy said it's all part of the safety features but I think there is something wrong with it.

Cheers
Peter

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Greg this is off topic I know but have you been up Kariong hill on the inside lane on the first left hander and had your traction control activate and almost bring you to a stop with a terrible grinding noise? I have been back to Hyundai and the service guy said it's all part of the safety features but I think there is something wrong with it.

Cheers
Peter
Yep, many times and with both IX35's. Seems to be that one corner all the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Just read your post and i am also interested, my IX35 oct 2012
Thanks,
Ps how do i determine what is my current Map version?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts