Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my lights are on, if I even touch the turn signal, the dash lights and rear lights turn off. There is an audible click when it happens. I need to fix this, as I am a compulsive signaler. I no longer drive at night due to this situation. This time of year, it seems I go no where.

My blower is not working on my air handler. The compressor works on the A/C, not the blower. It came and went, usually with bumps in the road. Now, no blower. Any idea where to look for the short?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Two problems, not much information. I suggest trying to fix the lights first so the auto can be driven at night. You state touching the turn signal lever causes a click and the lights go out. What gets them back on? Replace a fuse. Cycling the lights, messing with the lever, restarting the auto, etc., it could be helpful to know. Regardless, I would start by pulling the covers on the steering and try to determine if there is a loose wire on the turn signal switch, a short or something. The click you hear could be a relay dropping out or an electrical arc. I don't think there is an easy answer, you will need to do some digging.

The problem with the blower motor is different than most as yours quit completely. I would start by accessing the motor to determine if you have power. Power available motor bad, no power control problem.

Electrical corrosion could be a problem in the area you live. Are the terminal strips corroded in your auto?

Let us know how you do and the results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry I wasn't clear about the lights. I can just barely touch the turn signal to get all lights back on. Does the end of the turn signal just pull off so that I can check the connections there, first?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
If you can touch the turn signal and the lights go out, then touch it again and the lights come back on... the logic dictates the short is in the turn signal switch. So replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts