Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I like about my Varacruz is that I can buy the new parts very reasonably on-line and replace them myself. So far besides regular servicing and oil chamges I have:
Rebuilt the main driveshaft replacing the steady bearing
Replaced all 4 wheel bearing hubs
Replaced brake calipers
And swapped out both front CV Axles........

This is where i had a problem while replacing the front left caliper i noticed the CV axle boot was broken and detached from the shaft. I could see it was full of molly grease and wasnt too worried about it. After looking for a new boot the price was around $60 and a new axle was $96..... i ordered a new axle.

I sometimes take this vehicle offroad and after locking up the AWD it can tackle some surprisingly very bad mountain roads. After the last time once i got back out on the pavement there were some strange tinkling and crunching sounds comming from this front left axle.
It was time to swap it out, by now Ive had the relpacement axle still in the box and a couple months had gone by. I pulled the old unit and laid them side by side and they looked the same at the wheel end and the length was good. At the transmission end the big hub on the new axle was noticably smaller and the end of the splined axle shaft also smaller around 28mm compared to 32mm. They had sent me the wrong CV Axle.
I attempted to contact them but they were closed for the weekend so I ordered a new CV axle from a different supplier not wanting to take a chance on a repeat incorrect size. It all came together and the new axle fit perfect and the Veracruz is in great shape again. However because it was over 60 days i can no longer get a return credit for the incorrect axle and they have no parts available that I am interested in for a swap.
I figure i could just sell it for what i paid for it but i really dont know what vehicle this will fit into. Would anyone here have a clue as to which Hyundai models this will fit I ordered for a 2010 Veracruz left front CV axle. Its identical except for a smaller shaft and knuckle at the transmission end. From now on i will be doing my installs before the new parts exchange expiry date.
Your input would be appreciated!

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
One thing I like about my Varacruz is that I can buy the new parts very reasonably on-line and replace them myself. So far besides regular servicing and oil chamges I have:
Rebuilt the main driveshaft replacing the steady bearing
Replaced all 4 wheel bearing hubs
Replaced brake calipers
And swapped out both front CV Axles........

This is where i had a problem while replacing the front left caliper i noticed the CV axle boot was broken and detached from the shaft. I could see it was full of molly grease and wasnt too worried about it. After looking for a new boot the price was around $60 and a new axle was $96..... i ordered a new axle.

I sometimes take this vehicle offroad and after locking up the AWD it can tackle some surprisingly very bad mountain roads. After the last time once i got back out on the pavement there were some strange tinkling and crunching sounds comming from this front left axle.
It was time to swap it out, by now Ive had the relpacement axle still in the box and a couple months had gone by. I pulled the old unit and laid them side by side and they looked the same at the wheel end and the length was good. At the transmission end the big hub on the new axle was noticably smaller and the end of the splined axle shaft also smaller around 28mm compared to 32mm. They had sent me the wrong CV Axle.
I attempted to contact them but they were closed for the weekend so I ordered a new CV axle from a different supplier not wanting to take a chance on a repeat incorrect size. It all came together and the new axle fit perfect and the Veracruz is in great shape again. However because it was over 60 days i can no longer get a return credit for the incorrect axle and they have no parts available that I am interested in for a swap.
I figure i could just sell it for what i paid for it but i really dont know what vehicle this will fit into. Would anyone here have a clue as to which Hyundai models this will fit I ordered for a 2010 Veracruz left front CV axle. Its identical except for a smaller shaft and knuckle at the transmission end. From now on i will be doing my installs before the new parts exchange expiry date.
Your input would be appreciated!
The problem you have is a result of the rebuilders using the wrong parts. The inner end may not even be for a Hyundai.
Request the seller give you a card with the balance to be used in future purchases. Most will do this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m thinking it must be for a different transmission, the tag on my transmission says made in Japan, does Hyundai buy these things from Honda. I know a lot of different brands use the same motors and transmissions these days so this thing could fit many different vehicles. I will hang it on the wall and keep trying to find out what it’s good for at least I have some brand new rubber boots if I need them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts