Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
DCT Updates

There is a 2 step clutch calibration procedure that silly Hyundai dont call out to be done along with updates so we can say we know ROM is current, and we have done calibration and "completed" per Hyundai operation
Hi

I have had my Tucson Sport in for the latest updates but it still doesn't act right. Periodically it will make a load clunk accelerating with the wheels turned. Also the creep shake is very pronounced.

Could you check my VIN please?

KM8J3CA28GU157299

Also, I can't seem to get the car up my ramps. They are about 8 to 10 inches high. The car seems to completely lose power as it starts up the ramps and surges then loses it again... very odd and unsafe. I have tried it with traction control off.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am a 2016 1.6T Limited Tucson owner. I really like my Tucson. However, the well known DCT problem is kinda thing that i think my car has acquired after dealership updated software. I did not have any issue with DCT before. I remember dealership did update my software for transmission issue about 5 months back but that was part of recall. But after that, I came across that problem 3-4 times. It was like the when you throttle car from stand still, it would build up engine rpm up to 3000 but i would move very very slow on road as if like transmission is not engaged at all or may be in a wrong gear! I have my car service appointment next week and i am gonna talk to dealer about it but don't know what to expect on it. I know there are many threads on this forum for this issue. but all i want to know if is there any final solution to it that Hyundai has come up with yet? sounds like, it was all going well and they decided to upgrade software that my Tucson did not like..
My 2017 Tucson has the same problem even after the software upgrade. What is being done about this?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
You all kill me...

Hyundai has all current updates,, verify both engine and transmission programs installed..

THEN finish it with the DCT LEARN .......

PRINT THIS OUT,, and have "SMART" dealer fella verify all installed and calibrated using GDS

Attachments

Reactions: TucsonNotTuscon

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have sent 2 requests to Hyundai Canada asking for help but no reply. What is all this mumbo jumbo from sbr711???

I wish there was a class action lawsuit. I should not have to ask fellow owners for help. The dealer just says "It is what it is."

·
Registered
310 Posts
What is all this mumbo jumbo from sbr711???

He’s a Hyundai tech and is trying to help you. He gave you the info you need to review with your dealer to be sure the updates were installed correctly. He’s seen cases where the update process was not done correctly or not completed.

Hope your dealer can help you.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I understand there's an official Hyundai beta testing program underway with the DCT to determine precisely how it should be set up for safe and effective operation. Program participants are selected randomly and anonymously from out of the Tucson customer base. The program began in the 2016 model year and was extended for 2017. It may well take another couple years to produce definitive results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am finding that a few dingle dongers aint doing both update as called out in the instructions... they supposed to do the *413 engine and *414 transmission updates as a set.. THEN run the full fault code search and clear all DTC set while programing...... I have had them show up with only the 414 trans update done, and DTC's still in modules

Send me VIN, let me see if I can find it on Hyundai "E-Report" off GDS...

Had 1 that come here, Service Mgr handed it to me, as it was a "problem car".. found 413 for engine was not installed, and as a BONUS,,,, I did the 2 step calibation in Software Managment so I could say I went through all of it and it was up to date via GDS prints of work done and completed
KM8J3CA29HU521666 here is my VIN number do you know if this was part of the recall

·
Registered
2 Posts
DCT issue 2017 Tucson SE 5000km

I can't believe i didn't do my homework now i am stuck with an issue, going to the dealer tomorrow again, the SUV just revs and doesn't accelerate it happens randomly ...

The first time they claim they drove it 200 km and couldn't recreate the problem cause there was no code, now i have the check engine light on after an event....

i have been in contact with Hyundai Canada not sure what is going to come out of that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can the simebody provide any more detail about the DCT beta program mentioned here???

Would be very interesting if they come up with a true best solution!!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
KM8J3CA29HU521666 here is my VIN number do you know if this was part of the recall

VIN not found,, is this proper VIN,,, USA VIN,, outside USA,, as no location seen in your profile under username in box there

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 Hyundai Tucson DCT VIN check

Hi, can you please send check if my VIN has had the DCT updates installed? We've had it into the dealer twice for the hesitation off the line issues but we still have problems. Thanks! KM8J3CA27HU305556

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
hi, would be possible to run my check as well if you have a time:

KM8J3CA22GU061703

thanks!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
calgary, alberta

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey sbr711, could you please check my VIN? I am having the low speed shudder issue but dealership says software is up to date. I live in Washington, USA. VIN is KM8J3CA20GU143459.

Thank you!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hi, can you please send check if my VIN has had the DCT updates installed? We've had it into the dealer twice for the hesitation off the line issues but we still have problems. Thanks! KM8J3CA27HU305556

ken, dont know if I have addressed yours or not, I am running around like chicken with no head here for bit.

I see nothing beyond 1 of the first update a yr ago,, there is newer material out that dealer should ideally follow up and check to actually verify all up to date with current version of engine AND transmission software... they will need to plug in GDS and actually go to ECU UPDATE,, select module (engine & transmission) and see if it offer up anything to install...

After install,, they should go to SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT for DCT, and do the Learn process (2 step calibration) for clutch

Reactions: Richard Bicker

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
hi, would be possible to run my check as well if you have a time:

KM8J3CA22GU061703

thanks!
I do not have access to Hyundai Canada for VIN work, I can only get USA

21 - 40 of 62 Posts