Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a 2016 1.6T Limited Tucson owner. I really like my Tucson. However, the well known DCT problem is kinda thing that i think my car has acquired after dealership updated software. I did not have any issue with DCT before. I remember dealership did update my software for transmission issue about 5 months back but that was part of recall. But after that, I came across that problem 3-4 times. It was like the when you throttle car from stand still, it would build up engine rpm up to 3000 but i would move very very slow on road as if like transmission is not engaged at all or may be in a wrong gear! I have my car service appointment next week and i am gonna talk to dealer about it but don't know what to expect on it. I know there are many threads on this forum for this issue. but all i want to know if is there any final solution to it that Hyundai has come up with yet? sounds like, it was all going well and they decided to upgrade software that my Tucson did not like..

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
There was a PCM and a TCU update. Did you get both completed?

No issues with mine since day 1.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi, I am a 2016 1.6T Limited Tucson owner. I really like my Tucson. However, the well known DCT problem is kinda thing that i think my car has acquired after dealership updated software. I did not have any issue with DCT before. I remember dealership did update my software for transmission issue about 5 months back but that was part of recall. But after that, I came across that problem 3-4 times. It was like the when you throttle car from stand still, it would build up engine rpm up to 3000 but i would move very very slow on road as if like transmission is not engaged at all or may be in a wrong gear! I have my car service appointment next week and i am gonna talk to dealer about it but don't know what to expect on it. I know there are many threads on this forum for this issue. but all i want to know if is there any final solution to it that Hyundai has come up with yet? sounds like, it was all going well and they decided to upgrade software that my Tucson did not like..
After all of the DCT updates (3 I believe), mine works well. As long as you don't push the pedal to the floor while starting off everything is good. Drive it like your driving a manual transmission and you should have no issues....My 2 cents....

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Final solution is to trade it in for a Kia Sportage with the non-dct good ol' reliable 6-speed auto with the 2.4GDI or 2.0T

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I am finding that a few dingle dongers aint doing both update as called out in the instructions... they supposed to do the *413 engine and *414 transmission updates as a set.. THEN run the full fault code search and clear all DTC set while programing...... I have had them show up with only the 414 trans update done, and DTC's still in modules

Send me VIN, let me see if I can find it on Hyundai "E-Report" off GDS...

Had 1 that come here, Service Mgr handed it to me, as it was a "problem car".. found 413 for engine was not installed, and as a BONUS,,,, I did the 2 step calibation in Software Managment so I could say I went through all of it and it was up to date via GDS prints of work done and completed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a transmission overheat in traffic last week. Took it in yesterday and the dealer did latest updates and found no code on the transmission. Now it shakes at very low speed in traffic (1-2 mph). Previous hesitation problem seems to be gone.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Had a transmission overheat in traffic last week. Took it in yesterday and the dealer did latest updates and found no code on the transmission. Now it shakes at very low speed in traffic (1-2 mph). Previous hesitation problem seems to be gone.
Hi, rederic60. If you're in heavy traffic, you can put it in neutral. Never had this problem with my Ford DCT.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Are you in the united states?? The best transmission software update was on November 14th 2016, so if you got it updated after that, you should be fine. If your update was before that, as part of the recall, then you don't have the latest code.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am finding that a few dingle dongers aint doing both update as called out in the instructions... they supposed to do the *413 engine and *414 transmission updates as a set.. THEN run the full fault code search and clear all DTC set while programing...... I have had them show up with only the 414 trans update done, and DTC's still in modules

Had 1 that come here, Service Mgr handed it to me, as it was a "problem car".. found 413 for engine was not installed, and as a BONUS,,,, I did the 2 step calibation in Software Managment so I could say I went through all of it and it was up to date via GDS prints of work done and completed

Can I send you my vin please?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
first of all I know that there are 5 official DCT updates in the EU. People really get sick with Czech made assembling.

I did only one first update earlier 2016 and seems my DCT works just fine. Full kickdown on Eco and car goes straight to the line, no any jerking, kicking gears etc...So no complains whatsoever, I like how it works. However didn't it try on Sport and Normal yet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
People really get sick with Czech made assembling.
Out of curiosity - what does the DCT have in common with the Czech manufacturing plant?

IMHO the DCT firmware is done in Korea.

We have the latest firmware and the car sucks as never before. It shows the "dead" moments twice a week, especially when the engine is cold. It never did it before so frequently...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Out of curiosity - what does the DCT have in common with the Czech manufacturing plant?

IMHO the DCT firmware is done in Korea.

We have the latest firmware and the car sucks as never before. It shows the "dead" moments twice a week, especially when the engine is cold. It never did it before so frequently...

I would try another dealer to update the DCT Control Module.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I would try another dealer to update the DCT Control Module.

As noted previously, we need to verify that the dealer fella followed the Hyundai instructions for update,, as it is a engine update to be done 1st,, then followed by the TCM update to be done 2nd..

I have found some that been supposedly updated to only have had the TCM done,, so I have to install the engine side to finish what somebody fail to do in the first place and offending dealer got paid to a recall that they claim they did..

Now I have to fault Hyundai Motor on this too,, I think think they should have add the 2 step clutch learn-calibration in with the programs,, what good an update to suspect problem if we dont do calibration afterward to be able to say "I installed 2 update as prescribed by Hyundai, and I performed the calibration as supplied by Hyundai using GDS Software Management tab

Reactions: tobidog

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello sbr711

I would appreciate if you can still find out from my VIN number that dealer has done both *413 engine and *414 transmission updates on vehicle.

VIN is KM8J3CA2XGU062954

This car put me against the wall just last week again when i was in intersection to take left turn and it refused to move even i had gas pressed.

I am going to see dealer again to get is fixed, would be better if i know they had run updates correctly before.

Thank you.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hello sbr711

I would appreciate if you can still find out from my VIN number that dealer has done both *413 engine and *414 transmission updates on vehicle.

VIN is KM8J3CA2XGU062954

This car put me against the wall just last week again when i was in intersection to take left turn and it refused to move even i had gas pressed.

I am going to see dealer again to get is fixed, would be better if i know they had run updates correctly before.

Thank you.
VIN not found,, either incorrect, or not a USA VIN

·
Registered
187 Posts

Have another dealer check your car for the required updates to see if they were installed. Also don't do rolling stops the computer seems to get confused as to what gear to be in, and don't creep to much when in traffic.

I sent an email to Hyundai and someone called me back. I explained what the car does that seems unsafe. They don't care!!

More people need to complain and put pressure on Hyundai. Maybe more lawyers need to get involved.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Forgot to mention that someone in one of these threads mentioned that there is a 'clutch calibration' procedure that can be done.

·
Registered
64 Posts
As noted previously, we need to verify that the dealer fella followed the Hyundai instructions for update,, as it is a engine update to be done 1st,, then followed by the TCM update to be done 2nd..

I have found some that been supposedly updated to only have had the TCM done,, so I have to install the engine side to finish what somebody fail to do in the first place and offending dealer got paid to a recall that they claim they did..

Now I have to fault Hyundai Motor on this too,, I think think they should have add the 2 step clutch learn-calibration in with the programs,, what good an update to suspect problem if we dont do calibration afterward to be able to say "I installed 2 update as prescribed by Hyundai, and I performed the calibration as supplied by Hyundai using GDS Software Management tab
I sent you a PM with my VIN number. Thanks!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Forgot to mention that someone in one of these threads mentioned that there is a 'clutch calibration' procedure that can be done.
There is a 2 step clutch calibration procedure that silly Hyundai dont call out to be done along with updates so we can say we know ROM is current, and we have done calibration and "completed" per Hyundai operation

1 - 20 of 62 Posts