Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there are any drawbacks to having the 13-FL-004 ECU update done? I'm getting used to driving a hybrid but noticed that the car does seem to be a little jerky at times when cold. MPG have been great so I want to make sure that I don't do anything that will cause me to take a few steps back.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Nope

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The car went in to be certified today along with getting an inspection sticker and having the software update done. The work order says -

Customer states there is a hesitation. See tech service bulletin 13-FL-004. They it says - Performed software update I was talking to a tech in the back today. He told me that it had already been done before. Well, I looked at paperwork for the car earlier in the day and saw the warranty claim history -

YF HEV REAR LWR CONTROL ARM REPL - 59 miles
REPLACEMENT OF MONRONEY LABEL - 59 miles
YF HEV RR CTR SEAT BELT REPL - 44 miles
PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION/SERVICE - 4 miles

So... how do I determine if that was actually done? I could call Hyundai. Don't know if they will see it.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Simple, if he was smart and wanted to document his work to back up the claim filed to Hyundai Motor that he did the work,, he would have printed off the screenshots showing the complete update package finished.. I have post some associated screen shots here in the too far past showing the various screens of the update procedure..

Or,, hook up GDS, ID vehicle, head straight to ECU UPGRADE, and read ROM.... if latest version, it'll pop up update already completed.. could also read ROM for each applicable module too, and compare to TSB table for current ROM ID after Version-2 update.

There is the original update, done a few yr ago, but last summer they revised a pile of jibberish and now have "VERSION-2" update to revise the first..

They get audited for the claim, and no back-up documents to show the update install and completion,, Hyundai free to "deny" claim if not sufficiently documented.. That why we attach WEBDCS report to ticket showing recall was open at time of visit, then when they come back and say recall not apply, we say here is print from your site that says recall open..

Tom might have the topic I put up saved somewhere,, it take me a bit to find it.. but it here in the Hybrid forum on down a bunch of page somewhere now.

I found I had receipt still here at home -- note VIN info at top, Hyundai look for that and time stamp to all match the VIN you claim to have done work on..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
An easy way to tell if you got that update is to watch your Energy Flow Display and when you put it in Neutral the Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) will continue to run and charge the battery. If you didn't get it the Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) will shut off when in N.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to both of you for the info! I dropped the car off to have the windows tinted so I didn't get to drive the car to see if there was a mileage difference. I'll do the neutral check tomorrow to see what it shows.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks to both of you for the info! I dropped the car off to have the windows tinted so I didn't get to drive the car to see if there was a mileage difference. I'll do the neutral check tomorrow to see what it shows.
Note: My first drive with the 2011 after the EUC update got worse MPG but went up higher than before after a day or two of learning my driving style (It seemed that was what happened).

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Info from my dealer shows -

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Your good to go, now enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is my screen while in neutral in a parking lot -

One other thing, while setting up user preferences, I can't get my fuel consumption screen to look like it does in the owners manual. I like how the fuel economy (1+2) is shown on the left.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
That first picture shows the temp in Centigrade and is probably a non US display. I haven't found a way to get the instant mpg to display on our Fuel Economy screen. The same thing happened to the Kia Optima Hybrid.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good observation! I didn't notice that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts