Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to purchase a 2013 Sonata Limited unfortunately I am not sure I can get it by Wednesday which is the last day for the rebates I have a question.

I have to get the car by August 13th when my daughter start school so my question is do you think better rebate school come after July 31st to make way for the 2014 are there any Hyundai representative hear that could tell me if better deals will be had after July 31st and before August 13th

·
Registered
65 Posts
They usually remain the same and just extend the dates. That is what happened in early July. I just picked up a new Hybrid 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Its the inventory that you are going to be chasing, Bright. I just walked away from a deal b/c I could not get the color I wanted. Essentially, the factory is no longer doing special orders for this MY Sonata and they are only producing according to dealer allotment. IE if you want a black Turbo Limited here in the upper midwest and no dealer has been allotted one, you have to either get one dealer traded or you are SOL.

Funny thing on my deal---I found one down in Madison for a great price (Black on Black Limited 2.0T, std package) and was ready to get my local dealer to trade up for it. Come to find out, they put it into their service loaner pool. I was pretty steamed, but I would love to take my car there for service and get a topped out model for a loaner. Mind you, these fools still have it advertised on the web for sale as a NEW car! SMH!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I am going to guess and hope that the 0% and $1,500 rebate continues until the 2013s are gone. I am in the same boat, I cannot get to the dealership until Saturday. In the Twin Cities the Sonata inventory is pretty good.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
2.0 -- you should be OK. They have had the same rebates and owner loyalty cash since June. Hyundai did this when the NF transitioned to the YF. As a matter of fact, when I bought my car they still had NFs on the lot and were dropping extra cash on the hood to get rid of them.

Like I said before, inventory around here is not too bad as long as you are looking for GLS or SE models, in Harbor Grey, Indigo Night, Pac Blue Pearl, or Ruby Red (its the rarest--trust me!)

BTW... PM me if you want the name of a good salesperson.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Come to find out, they put it into their service loaner pool.
Call them and ask them if it is still for sale. The computer may show it that way on their inventory (when another dealer is searching) but it may not be in their loaner pool at all. It's a way for dealers to cook their books. It technically shows up as "sold" when it is not.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Verified Failure

Call them and ask them if it is still for sale. The computer may show it that way on their inventory (when another dealer is searching) but it may not be in their loaner pool at all. It's a way for dealers to cook their books. It technically shows up as "sold" when it is not.
I called them yesterday. Guy verified it wasn't even on the lot. Then checked with the service dept to find out that it was out on loan. :eek:

To add insult, they never even called me back to offer me a price on this "new" service loaner. :confused:

This picture basically sums up my thoughts on this whole situation

·
Registered
65 Posts
That sucks. Sorry dude. I know how you feel. I was on the hunt for a white 2.0T limited with the pano roof, with BLACK interior. None to be found...anywhere (but the East Coast)..

Ended up with a Hybrid with the same package because my wife wanted grey interior (which only comes on the hybrid)

But agree, finding the color/combo with Hyundai isn't easy.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Can't understand why they don't produce more white with black interior. That's the one I wanted and there were none around at the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts