Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Midway-area resident here, work in Oak Brook, but get around most everywhere. Would like to make friends with any 2011 DIY'ers. Interested in learning basic maintenance on this car, like oil and filter changes. Also would like help tackling some popular projects, like maybe the HID headlight swap, better horn, the Shark sound deadening kit, etc.

Thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I live in Chicago as well. On the northside near bucktown. If you have some questions about the oil change and the filter you can always let me know. Its fairly simple and it doesn't take a lot of work.

·
Registered
255 Posts
In the very near future I will be adding tints to the rear windows and maybe replace the horn with a better one. I'll post pics and I can recommend where I got it done so you can see price differences. I am also interested in adding some HID's so I'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ May 31 2010, 10:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328323
In the very near future I will be adding tints to the rear windows and maybe replace the horn with a better one. I'll post pics and I can recommend where I got it done so you can see price differences. I am also interested in adding some HID's so I'll see how that goes.
I don't think I'll go for tint, although I'll bet I could be persuaded! Actually, as good as tint looks, I've never known anyone with it so I've never had a chance to examine it up close to see how it wears along the edges, for instance.

However, the horn project is definitely of major interest. And the Shark sound deadening kit. I don't have any major noise complaints but of course would love the car to be even quieter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts