Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the 2015 Genesis Ultimate and I'd like to get opinion on any 2015 ultimate owners on what they think about the new model. Anything you don't like?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 2015 Genesis 3.8 Ultimate. Please note that while the TRIM is probably the MOST important issue for comparison of cars, whether it's a 3.8 or 5.0 in which you're interested may make a difference as well.

Personally ... I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY ADORE MY BABY. She's a Caspian Black/Black interior. She rides and handles beautifully and the tech is mostly outstanding. I love that I can hit a button on the mirror and ask it to find something by name: a doctor, a nearby coffee shop, a friend, etc. and it works about 80% of the time. You can work through the nav quicker than quick and it works again MOST of the time. Not perfect but nearly there. The HUD is awesome and I can even shut off Nav and just use HUD if I want the interior dark. The HUGE Nav is out of the way and easy to see. iPhone bluetoothed itself perfectly and as soon as it's in the car all my contacts and my music are right there. USB plugged in and all songs play or upload to jukebox easy peasy.

The puddle lamps shine a gorgeous really gorgeous black velvet light of wings on the ground in the dark when the mirrors unfold: totally unnecessary and utterly beyond cool. Mirrors fold, doors open with one click when you walk up with fob. lovely panoramic sunroof particularly for the rear seat. Hmm what else. Seats comfier than comfy even for someone with SERIOUS spinal damage and roomy for my major-league size badonkadonk! Love the leather shift is smooth, love the autolock for brakes at lights - relaxes foot. It has the MOST advanced cruise control and the market and it works brilliantly, even being set-able from almost zero so very helpful in traffic.

Trunk auto opens standing nearby with fob and closes with a push of an interior button. There is an app that works for remote start.

Honestly the only real problems are that there is SO much it's impossible to read all the manuals and find it all!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Thank you for the response. If you don't mind me asking how much were you able to get the ultimate out the door? I'm trying to locate one around my area and they are a rarity at the moment. How's the back seat and trunk space? This is my first time buying a sports car so I have no clue what to expect and never drove a rear wheel drive car before. How do you like that backup sensor? I'm coming from a sonata and I installed an OEM backup camera and spoiled by it. I was sad to hear that the ultimate did not have a backup camera option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow! Thank you for the response. If you don't mind me asking how much were you able to get the ultimate out the door? I'm trying to locate one around my area and they are a rarity at the moment. How's the back seat and trunk space? This is my first time buying a sports car so I have no clue what to expect and never drove a rear wheel drive car before. How do you like that backup sensor? I'm coming from a sonata and I installed an OEM backup camera and spoiled by it. I was sad to hear that the ultimate did not have a backup camera option.

I have to apologize as I hadn't realized I was responding in the COUPE section which I only realized when you kept saying SPORTS car. I have the SEDAN not the coupe and I don't know how different the cars might be on some issues so, fair warning! I therefore don't want to speak to the back seat and trunk for the COUPE as I'd assume they're different. Also mine is AWD and it HAS a rearview camera which I love.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I havent been on this board in a long time. I currently have a 2012 sonata. I actually test drove the 2015 ultimate coupe yesterday.

Very nice car with a pretty nice sticker price. I would be curious if anyone who has one would want to share the purchase price.

From what I researched last night it seemed like the fair market value was 32k...does that seem about right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought my 2015 Gen Coupe 3.8 AT for 31.4K. That was the price prior to any rebates. I qualified for 2K in rebates, so out the door price was 29.4K.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 Genesis Coupe Ultimate 3.8

I'm looking at the 2015 Genesis Ultimate and I'd like to get opinion on any 2015 ultimate owners on what they think about the new model. Anything you don't like?
Just purchased a 2015 Coupe Ultimate 3.8 in February for reduced price from the MSRP! Has everything needed but I would have thought for this price/sports car level, a rear camera would have come with the Navi and backup assist? Other than that, great to drive, handles like a sports car, turns a lot of heads!!! Only drawback is the gas mileage, averages between 22-25 and that's with a light foot. But that's what the average estimated MPG said on the sticker too. I work from home so not really worried so much about gas mileage, and I decided to lease mine. Has good reviews from Consumer and Edmonds on reliability and improved design, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yesterday I traded my 2013 Genesis Ultimate 3.8 for a 2015 Genesis 5.0.

QUESTION: The 2015 Genesis trunk lid has a latch over a space for something, but my car does not have anything there.
Could anyone please tell me what was intended to be latched into this space?

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts