Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has been experiencing tranny issues with their Tuscon ? I notice a bunch of problems over on the Santa Fe board related to the 2.4 and the six speed tranny ( same set up as the Tuscon ) ???

·
Registered
570 Posts
We now have 8000 miles on ours, and absolutely no problems. We just returned from ATL and it was flawless going through the mountains of TN and KY. As a matter of fact, I planned on using the manual to keep it from gear-hunting, but it was so smooth when it jumped up to 5th that it didn't bother me at all.

The only complaint I have about this tranny is the manual mode is not smooth to drive in. For example, if I am in a parking lot or cruising slowly through a neighborhood, I will leave it in second gear. It is a little to herky-jerky for my tastes, and this is at least the 5th car that I have owned with this type of tranny. However, the automatic is smooth and very much in the background.

tim B)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have about 1300 miles and have no problems what so ever. This Tucson shifts 1k better than my 08 accord coupe. This truck is a dream to drive.

·
Registered
316 Posts
~3,500 on theCEO's Tuck; the trans is smooth, doesn't hunt on downshifts and is flawless, thus far.
We use the shift down mode, when descending our winding, 4 mile run down the Mtn: I click it left
once, and it purrs along in 4th or 3rd depending upon speed, which ranges from slow to slower,
so we aren't exactly rodding it.

Our other two cars are manuals, but I have really not experienced auto trans problems over the
past couple of decades...however, I do know that with some brands, the auto trans develops
problems, eg the BMW Boards I frequent, where auto trans problems are common. I believe it
has more to do with the electronics pkg that drives and, drives off, the trans itself.

I recall reading that Hyundai supposedly built this trans themselves, which is sort of hard to
believe, but possible.
My 50Cts...
GL, mD

PS: the inevitable next progression on "auto trans" will be the continual wonderment of
"when or should one get the trans fluid changed"...;>)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, My IX35 has 3000 km on the clock with Manual transmission. The problem is that it jumps out of 2nd gear under certain condition. The conditions are (very strange): Revs between 2k and 3k in 2nd gear. Foot of the accelerator, break or clutch, and the car must be in a left turn or a rough uneven road.

I have tried all sorts of conditions and with the above conditions the problem is repeatable.

Anyone with sort of problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts