Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced what I thought may be a bad thermastat. The car was overheating (no telling how long she drove it on Hot) I noticed the top hose was very hot to the touch while the bottom hose coming from the thermastat was cool to the touch. I assumed the thermastat was stuck shut. It was also near a gallon short on antifreeze. Now I noticed after taking it out it is dripping antifreeze from the waterpump side of the motor. I cant confirm its the waterpump I was to aggravated plus im in the middle of a laminate floor install and outdoor fence project my plate is full! Can the gasket on the waterpump go bad from the blockage of a thermastat? Man I sure miss the thermastat being out in the open to replace................

Oh yea 2005 Hyundai Tucson 4cly.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
It's more likely the seal on the pump shaft had gone bad. The bottom hose stays cool because the water level fell below the pump and wasn't pumping anymore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy smokes when I saw what has to be removed to change the waterpump my jaw hit the ground, man that was a job that I never want to do again. I could of put 8 waterpumps on my 68 Camaro in the amount of time that took me lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's time for a new T-belt anyway,rip er apart and replace that pump.Should be the only place for coolant to leak on that end of the motor or you have bigger problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hello guys, what is the procedure to change the antifreeze to Hyundai Accent 1.5 CRDi! My antifreeze coming cold weather and has 3 years and 3 months, is the original, it really changed, huh? Do you have a pdf with some pictures?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts