Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Just added a Jr Hyundai Elantra to the family (currently also own a 2010 santa fe). After going through the manual I noticed it has an anti-theft system that is activated when you lock the doors with the keyfob. It states (the manual) that the hazard lights will blink to let you know that it's activated. On other cars (including santa fe) you also have a blinking red light on the dash to let people know that you have a security system. My 2010 elantra (wifes) has no blinking warning light to show that it's set. I noticed a sensor on the dashboard by the windshield (same as my santa fe-which blinks red). Is there something wrong or does it just not blink? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
There's no other notification other than the hazards flash once. You can verify this by opening the trunk, then locking the doors, then closing the trunk. The system won't set until all sensors indicate closed doors/trunk/hood.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (cinciguy @ Oct 30 2010, 02:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367547
There's no other notification other than the hazards flash once. You can verify this by opening the trunk, then locking the doors, then closing the trunk. The system won't set until all sensors indicate closed doors/trunk/hood.
Thanks-stopped in at the dealers today to sign a document. I stopped by the service center and questioned the fact that there was no blinking red light after alarm was set. I had 3 tech's looking at each other-they said they would have to contact a senior hyundai tech. Then 1 tech decided to put another 2010 elantra in the area and set the alarm-no blinking light-case closed! As you informed me. Another thing that bothers me a bit is that there is no temperature gage(only an idiot light that will come on if overheating). I hope when that red light comes on the engine isn't already frying! That temp gage is sorely missed. I guess All the car companies are cutting corners-but NO TEMP GAGE?! C'MON Hyundai!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2010 Tucson and the little sensor on the dash is a roll over sensor, maybe thats what yours is.

just a thought

1 - 5 of 5 Posts