1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got my cans from dipyourcar.com and put them on
-sprayed them while on the car because the sonata is too low for my stands
-used only 2 cans :confused: (they sent 4) and a can of glossifier

It looks better than I thought for being plastidip, what are your thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It was 5 coats of grey then 2 heavy coats of glossifier

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gotta tell you - they look good but I would have found a way to get them off the car.
I saw a bunch of people do them on the car so i figured it would work and it did

·
Registered
305 Posts
looks good! that's a nice things about plastidip if you want to take it off later when you change your mind, you can peel it off easily:)

·
Registered
65 Posts
No need to take them off the car. They look great and I think that is the best color to go with. Most people will never know, or believe, they are Plasti-Dip. Car looks fantastic!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Nice work man...now stand back and enjoy your work

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I recommend the new metallic colors from plastidip to everyone. Looks way better than black dip

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice job! Yeah I would have used as much of the spray as possible. I used about 3.5 cans when I did my wheels white. And when I helped my friend do his we made sure to use as much as we could. Nothing wrong with a thicker layer. My brother did his hood on his Subaru to see if he wanted to go the carbon fiber way, and he decided against it, but when he went to peel it off, he realized he didn't put enough on and it flakes off. That **** is impossible to get off now.

So durability wise, Its actually more durable when it's thinner if that makes sense. But you want it thicker.

Anyway, I ordered the Anthracite Gray last Monday and I'm still waiting to even know if its shipped from them. How long did it take for them to ship your order? I was planning on doing it yesterday, but no dip, no work.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice job! Yeah I would have used as much of the spray as possible. I used about 3.5 cans when I did my wheels white. And when I helped my friend do his we made sure to use as much as we could. Nothing wrong with a thicker layer. My brother did his hood on his Subaru to see if he wanted to go the carbon fiber way, and he decided against it, but when he went to peel it off, he realized he didn't put enough on and it flakes off. That **** is impossible to get off now.

So durability wise, Its actually more durable when it's thinner if that makes sense. But you want it thicker.

Anyway, I ordered the Anthracite Gray last Monday and I'm still waiting to even know if its shipped from them. How long did it take for them to ship your order? I was planning on doing it yesterday, but no dip, no work.
Ok that makes sense, I got mine 4 days after I order but I live in Florida and that's where they are stationed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That looks Nice! I was thinking of using Plastidip to paint my roof black, but was waiting for more people to post about it. I'll make sure I put it on thick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That looks sick, excellent job! I was debating the anthracite to replace the chrome, would be a nice accent instead of going all black (like everyone else does these days). Then again, I've seen bronzed rims with the copper metalizer, and so I may black it out but dip the wheels.

My guess would be to mask and leave on the car, spin the tires and hit the other sides to get an even coverage rather than take all the wheels off.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I like that better than my black wheels. How close is it to Harbor Grey?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts