Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Sonata - can't really decide what replacement wipers to use... I have non-OEM on the car right now, but they are madly overdue for a replacement set of wipers. I'm tempted to just get the OEM blades back (quoted $44 from dealership for both driver and passenger) and re-fill them with Toyota refills as per other threads:

85214-68020 650mm insert (~26") list price $7.13
85214-30400 450mm insert (~18") list price $8.35

Also thought about getting PIAA Super Silicones, ANCO31s, Rain-X Latitudes, Bosch Icons... what should I do? Thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought a set of Icons to tie me over for the year! Surprisingly cheaper locally than on Amazon..

Does anyone know if the OEM wipers that came with my Limited (OEM part number: 98350-3S000) are refillable? - they're the "blade" type wiper as opposed to the metal frame type. Hyundai quoted me $42 for the driver side version of this. Is a little bit more low profile than the Icon's

·
Registered
289 Posts
I use Bosch ICONs, and they have held up very nicely. Been using them for a little over a year.

I once tried a set of boch blades that were super expensive and to my surprise they didnt last nearly to what i expected them to last just over 1 year the ruber started coming apart. i setled for a set of michelin stealths from my local costco in Canada $10.00 each any size i need they work just as good if not better than any blade i have used before lesson learned no need for $$

expensive fancy shmancy blades that do the same job at cleaning your windows (little tip i can pass along though to keep the rubber blade clean soft & plyable) is to wipe them down using WD 40 that will help extend the life. here a Pic of them at my local Costco in Ancaster.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I bought a boatload of Anco blades from RockAuto two years ago. Not impressed with their longevity, would not buy again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I once tried a set of boch blades that were super expensive and to my surprise they didnt last nearly to what i expected them to last just over 1 year the ruber started coming apart. i setled for a set of michelin stealths from my local costco in Canada $10.00 each any size i need they work just as good if not better than any blade i have used before lesson learned no need for $$

expensive fancy shmancy blades that do the same job at cleaning your windows (little tip i can pass along though to keep the rubber blade clean soft & plyable) is to wipe them down using WD 40 that will help extend the life. here a Pic of them at my local Costco in Ancaster.

I think Ive tried every blade at Advanced Auto and KMart over the years. The ICONs have worked out the best for me, as they are not streaking, tight fitting, and the rubber is all intact. I usually dump them when they start streaking.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think Ive tried every blade at Advanced Auto and KMart over the years. The ICONs have worked out the best for me, as they are not streaking, tight fitting, and the rubber is all intact. I usually dump them when they start streaking.
How long do they last and does your car get the full 4-seasons treatment sitting out in the hot sun in summer and freezing temps in winter? Wipers seemed to last a lot longer when my vehicle was parked in a garage and out of elements for obvious reasons. So for me, it comes down to wiper blade material breakdown in elements (hot sun seems to be the worst) as I really don't use mine all that often. Regular Michellin wipers last about 6mo.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just buy hybrid wiper blade inserts from Aliexpress.com for $1-$2 USD each with free shipping. The inserts fit perfectly on my Sonata OEM hybrid wiper frame with the notches on the rubber insert ends. The only problem was that the cheap Chinese inserts squeaked for about 1-2months but the noise eventually went away. I have been using the inserts for 2 months now with no problems.

The Aliexpress inserts worked so well, I also bought a pair for my Toyota too. It also fits on my Toyota OEM hybrid wiper frame. Again, the inserts squeaked for the first 1-2 months until they were worn in.

Buy at your own risk. It was a no-brainer to try for a few bucks. The shipping from China was very slow though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts